backhoe stabilizers backward

/ backhoe stabilizers backward #1  

preacher1

Tractor
LS MT342HC
I got to try my LS LB2100 backhoe out. It does a great job but had one problem: you have to pull the stabilizer levers to put them down and push them to lift them. Checked the owners manual and it clearly says they are to go down when you push them out and raise when you pull back. I called the dealer. They were to transport if problems in the first 60 days and I am well within that period. I got the salesman first who transferred me to a machinic who told me he was just a machinic and could not make a decision. I was called back by the owners wife (I am sure she is a co-owner} who said they would definitely pick it up. The other owner called me back and said they were working right, that the Asians look at things from the front and that is the way they were supposed to work. He said everything is backward. I pointed out that all the other controls were working right. He finely agreed to pick it up, but at a later date. I had suggested he just send a machinic out for a quick fix instead of hauling it back and forth, but they did not want to do that. I suppose they get a fee if they transport under warrantee. He also said he had three other LS backhoes on his lot and the stabilizers all worked like mine. Do you think he lied or are they all hooked up wrong. I accept things when mistakes are made but hate to be lied to.

/ backhoe stabilizers backward #2  
Not sure how they should operate but simply swapping the hoses on the valve will switch directions of cylinder travel.

/ backhoe stabilizers backward #3  
I don’t know what difference it makes anyway but the order they’re in seems correct. My backhoes have all been pull towards the operator to lower the stabilizer.

/ backhoe stabilizers backward #5  
That would be irritating for me--Like reverse logic. I sure don't "pull" a lever to lower my FEL. Not sure I'd wait on the dealer though. I'd most likely swap the hoses as mentioned. That could be easy or difficult depending on the valve used.

/ backhoe stabilizers backward #6  
My LS has the opposite of yours.... push forward to lower, pull towards you to raise. I went over to the neighbors, his are the same as mine, but different tractor /BH (still an LS).

When I had my 125, they operated the same way... push is down.

It truly is a simple fix, just switch the hoses opposite what they are. The cover comes off with 6 bolts....

/ backhoe stabilizers backward #7  
Sounds like whoever attached the hoses to the valve assembly, did it backwards. Reverse them, it will work just fine. Probably take ya 5 minutes.

/ backhoe stabilizers backward #8  
This was my solution.

759B0EF1-D388-4865-B26D-DA3C44F59B5F.jpeg

/ backhoe stabilizers backward #9  
My MT240 is the same way, it is counter-intuitive. I will still switch the hoses eventually. For now I just press the lever the wrong way then realize go the other way.

/ backhoe stabilizers backward #10  
Mine is forward for down and back for up. Seems logical .