backhoe stabilizers backward

/ backhoe stabilizers backward
there are decals that point away for down and back for up, just the opposite of what they do. The issue is that they are backward from what they are supposed to be and the dealer tried to pass it off as right.

/ backhoe stabilizers backward #12  
Mine is forward for down and back for up. Seems logical .
Both of the hoes I have owned (Ford and Kubota) are push to lower stabilizers, and pull to raise.
The OP's BH was likely assembled by the lowest employee on the totem pole.
He/she had NO idea how it SHOULD be!
Dealers (both car and tractor), will often try to blow smoke up your axx!

/ backhoe stabilizers backward #13  
Take a picture of the decals and send it to the dealer..... I believe the owners manual shows the 'correct' way also. Have them fix it!

/ backhoe stabilizers backward #14  
   / backhoe stabilizers backward #15  
Mine is forward for down and back for up. Seems logical .
Yep, kind of like pushing down and pulling up. But honestly if it was the other way I wouldn't care either, how often do you really do it?

/ backhoe stabilizers backward #16  
Yep, kind of like pushing down and pulling up. But honestly if it was the other way I wouldn't care either, how often do you really do it?
It would drive me nuts if they were reversed.... I was just using the BH this past weekend.... probably had to move them up and down 30 times.... "push for down" is muscle memory....

/ backhoe stabilizers backward #17  
I've not run a backhoe in many years, and many of the hoes, the decals either where never on or had worn off, but seemed like i remember pushing and pulling, to stab down, depending on the hoe. If the decals show one direction and the levers are the reverse, i'd probably switch hoses to agree with the decals.