Backhoe Thumb

/ Backhoe Thumb #12  
I looked at those. Nice but I didn't want to scrape, weld, paint.
One of them is a bolt-on. But my dipper stick is too wide, and my BH bucket is 24" and the thump is too short.

I may buy the weld on kit. For $160 I can try to weld it or get a buddy to do it.

/ Backhoe Thumb
UPDATE
The Mahindra dealer I purchased the 20S HST from called and told me he received two Thumb Kits for the 20S. So I purchased one yesterday…

/ Backhoe Thumb #16  
Just got the Max26 back from getting the hydraulics adjusted. They found the main relief valve and two valves on the backhoe that needed adjusting.

I'm waiting for the thumb so I can put it on!

/ Backhoe Thumb #17  
Had some extra time to get it installed. Took about 30min to put on.

Attachments

• 20220130_164423.jpg
    20220130_164423.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 121
  • 20220130_164431.jpg
    20220130_164431.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 117
   / Backhoe Thumb #18  
Had some extra time to get it installed. Took about 30min to put on.
Do these have the 7 bazillion washers to align like the one's Mahindra puts its name on?

/ Backhoe Thumb #19  
Do these have the 7 bazillion washers to align like the one's Mahindra puts its name on?
No, but there is a gap. I was going to measure and cut 3/4" ID tubing to fill. Washers could be just as good. Looks to be 1/2" on each side.

I don't see that as an issue as any force would be mostly along the length of the square tube.

/ Backhoe Thumb #20  
No, but there is a gap. I was going to measure and cut 3/4" ID tubing to fill. Washers could be just as good. Looks to be 1/2" on each side.

I don't see that as an issue as any force would be mostly along the length of the square tube.
I've put together several of the Mahindra branded ones.
The washers drive me nuts. They go in fine on the receiving end but the far throw relegates you put in each one separately (about 7 or 8 of em) AND you have to align each one with the thru rod.
No room so I use a needle nose to place each washer in as I progress to push the thru rod in. Got pretty good at it eventually but it took setting up more than one to get the idea.
I would have liked some type of bushing such as your tube solution from the manufacturer.
It's more mitigating side to side wear and movement as opposed to force issues.