Backhoe Thumb

/ Backhoe Thumb #1  

Hazel

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra Emax 20S HST
Hi,
I have a 2021 Emax20S HST, and I’m looking for a manual Thumb for my 23B Backhoe. I ordered one from the dealer when I purchased the tractor back in July and all I hear is it’s on back order…

Rick

/ Backhoe Thumb #2  
I have a 1626. I bought a backhoe in march. It came with a 10" bucket. I ordered the 16" and thumb at same time. Seems like they came in at the same time. About 3-4 months if I remember correctly.

The thumb I don't use as much as I thought I would but it's nice to have when you need it.

Last edited:
   / Backhoe Thumb #3  
Great question. I'm also looking at adding a thumb to a 26B. The Mahindra thumb seems like big $$$, if you can find one.

BXpanded has one that supposedly fits Mahindra's two small backhoes.

/ Backhoe Thumb
Thank You for the information, I will contact them and find out if they have one.
I got on their site and didn’t see one…
Just sent them an email

Thanks,
Rick

/ Backhoe Thumb #5  
Thumb is a must - dragged this tree across that fell in creek from the other side. Hydraulic would really be nice but I’m getting by ok. It’s really easy to pull stumps and shrubs with the thumb, after digging around them.

7D5E8136-1B23-4745-80CE-AAD824E598F0.jpeg3CCB0E99-22D1-4C98-A204-616C08E29083.jpeg

/ Backhoe Thumb
Sent BXpanded 2 emails never received any response ☹️

/ Backhoe Thumb #8  
Welp, I just ordered a thumb from BXpanded. Had to call as it's not on the website. Was told it's fashioned (bent) like the JD 260b. Only difference for the Mahindra 26B is the telescoping bracket hole is in a different position.

Had them in stock, Mahindra red too. Ship by end of the week.

Screenshot_20220110-172537_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
   / Backhoe Thumb
👍

/ Backhoe Thumb #10  
My BIL's LS MT225s backhoe came with the mounting point for the thumb already welded on. And the kit was only about $230 IIRC. AT that price I'd jump on one. But my hoe would have to be welded on and MIEs thumb kit is $875. And I don't weld to that standard.

So I went searching for bolt on thumbs and found this one. It's being marketed under the Titan Attachments name for $170 but I saw it available from Alibaba for $70-90 when you buy 200. SO I guess it's a Chinese import that others are selling. Walmart.com had the exact same one!!

Last edited: