Bad Boy 3026/TYM/Branson 2610 3rd function Power Beyond question

/ Bad Boy 3026/TYM/Branson 2610 3rd function Power Beyond question #11  
The reason why you plumb into the PB port to feed downstream valves is that when those valves are powering something (like a cylinder) the pressure to do the work flows through each valve in sequence. So if your 3rd function valve is closing a grapple, the pressure to do the work comes from the pump through the loader valve, out its PB port, into your 3rd function valve and then out to the cylinders.

For a lot of manual valves the tank port can only handle 600 psi or so, not the 2200 or so that your loader valve's relief is set at. The PB port can handle the pressure.

For some reason I don't understand, the usual solenoid valves that are used to make a 3rd function using two buttons on the joystick have tanks ports that can handle full pressure, and no PB port. Some manual spool valves are also set up that way but most have a low pressure tank port and need a PB port and sleeve to feed another valve.

BTW when the loader valve on my Branson 3725 is operated even just a little it cuts off flow to the PB port. Everything that does not go out a work port goes to tank. So you can't move the loader and also open/close the grapple with a 3rd function that's plumbed in after the loader valve. Your tractor may be the same.

/ Bad Boy 3026/TYM/Branson 2610 3rd function Power Beyond question
Hi guys, been a while. Do to no spare time for me, I ended up just ordering a 3rd function kit specific for my BB3026 from my tractor dealer. It cost me a bunch more but I just wanted this to be done. So when this is done, I will post here the finished product installed so others have reference. It turned out to be a W.R.Long kit. Wish I could have got a parts list from that.
So anyway, I have a question in regards to the first picture I posted here. On the loader valve 4 hoses for the loader. There are 2 taller inline fittings. Are those flow restrictors? I ask because my loader bucket motion is incredibly slow especially on the dump side. Could it be possible to replace the restrictor with a different flow rate?

/ Bad Boy 3026/TYM/Branson 2610 3rd function Power Beyond question #13  
Hi guys, been a while. Do to no spare time for me, I ended up just ordering a 3rd function kit specific for my BB3026 from my tractor dealer. It cost me a bunch more but I just wanted this to be done. So when this is done, I will post here the finished product installed so others have reference. It turned out to be a W.R.Long kit. Wish I could have got a parts list from that.
So anyway, I have a question in regards to the first picture I posted here. On the loader valve 4 hoses for the loader. There are 2 taller inline fittings. Are those flow restrictors? I ask because my loader bucket motion is incredibly slow especially on the dump side. Could it be possible to replace the restrictor with a different flow rate?
No, those are not flow restrictors. Those are just risers so the 90 degree fitting can come out above the other fittings.

Ahhh, that's logical. Thanks So my concerns on the speed of the bucket dump are probably just engraved in stone. Unless any of you have something to add.

/ Bad Boy 3026/TYM/Branson 2610 3rd function Power Beyond question #15  
I don't think there is much you can do. Increasing RPM will increase the flow rate and therefore the speed the hydraulic work, but that's about it.

Installing a bigger displacement pump would be very expensive and I don't think there is one available that wouldn't require major modifications on the mount and drive.

/ Bad Boy 3026/TYM/Branson 2610 3rd function Power Beyond question #16  
Possible solution for dump speed increase is replace loader valve with one that has regenerative dump feature.

So I got lazy, and ended up going the more expensive route because of the lack of time to research. So, I ordered the unit from the Bad Boy dealer. Guess what the box said on the outside.... W.R.LONG. so it's an aftermarket kit anyway. I don't remember exactly, but with tax and shipping, I ended up paying like $1400
My main concern with getting an as designed kit was getting the correct fittings. I haven't installed it yet because it's for a snow plow and winter is hopefully over. I'll do it in the spring,....hopefully.
When I get around to it, I'll try to get an exact parts list made up for others here.