Bad Boy Land Plane

/ Bad Boy Land Plane #41  
Interesting....I have a SSQA to 3 PT adapter I use to mount my blade and rake to the FEL. I was going to use a chain on the 3 PT top link as I am dealing with a bit of a roller coaster driveway, but will try mounting the landscape plane on the FEL.

/ Bad Boy Land Plane
1631818708657.png
1631818898458.png

As you can see the blades are angled I don't believe any company makes these
with straight blades!

willy

/ Bad Boy Land Plane #43  
Do you have a larger pic? Honestly I cannot plainly see that the bad boy blades are angled, and the owners manual does not mention or show it. The one on the right is another brand.

/ Bad Boy Land Plane
I seen one advertisement that said you can get the color of
your attachment to fit your tractor that's from Bad Boy

willy

/ Bad Boy Land Plane #46  
They could make it easier to find an actual dealer for the implement you are interested in.

The only choices for local dealer are Tractors or Mowers.

For my zip code no dealers show up for Tractors. A few for mowers within 200 miles, but the one I called says implements are a different deal and they don't do them.

/ Bad Boy Land Plane #47  
Does anyone see the length of the sides on that bad boy? It looks on the short side to me. You need that length to fill in dips. Those long sides are part of the reason a land plane is easier to get a better results than a box blade.

/ Bad Boy Land Plane #48  
Man, if it is half the price, get it! You can always add weight if needed.... at not much cost!
The weight loss comes from thinner steel. Adding weight on top is not going to make up for thinner, weaker steel. Remember you get what you pay for. A good example is the high cost of cheap Chinese goods

/ Bad Boy Land Plane #49  
Does anyone see the length of the sides on that bad boy? It looks on the short side to me. You need that length to fill in dips. Those long sides are part of the reason a land plane is easier to get a better results than a box blade.
Yea, that Badboy looks to be not much longer than my 2 regular box blades. My homemade landplane is 7.5' long and the same width. It does an extremely good job at leveling. Cost me 2 blades and some MIG wire.

/ Bad Boy Land Plane #50  
Yeah it's definitely on the shorter side for a land plane. Frankly that actually appeals to me, makes it more practical to keep attached as a piece of rear ballast for summer time loader work. Wouldn't be that hard to bolt or weld some trailing extensions on, if you wanted to further stabilize it. But I'm not entirely convinced how longer length sides will do much of anything behind the rear-most cutting blade.... once the gravel is up over the rear blade, it's not going to move anymore, regardless of how much longer the sides are. Right?