Backhoe Bad day: flipped backhoe, then almost flipped tractor...

/ Bad day: flipped backhoe, then almost flipped tractor... #11  
The horrible thing about things falling is people have a tendency to try and stop them from falling, rushing towards them with arms extended.... only to get squished. And the toys we TBN members play with can tend to be on the heavier side. Not much center of gravity on tall, heavy implements. Doesn't take much to get them going past the point of no return. :eek:

/ Bad day: flipped backhoe, then almost flipped tractor... #12  
The horrible thing about things falling is people have a tendency to try and stop them from falling, rushing towards them with arms extended.... only to get squished. And the toys we TBN members play with can tend to be on the heavier side. Not much center of gravity on tall, heavy implements. Doesn't take much to get them going past the point of no return. :eek:

2X for that!

Sometimes when things tip and start to fall they can almost look like they are slow enough to catch too, but they never are, even if you were strong enough to catch it in the first place.

Coyote Machine, glad you and the boss are OK, and your tractor too!

God bless,
Thomas

/ Bad day: flipped backhoe, then almost flipped tractor... #13  
Yes, glad all is well..from the title of the post I was expecting to read much much worse..

/ Bad day: flipped backhoe, then almost flipped tractor... #14  
Glad everything turned out well CM.Tractors and Backhoes can be replaced or fixed,human life cannot.Gald you and your wife are OK..

/ Bad day: flipped backhoe, then almost flipped tractor... #15  
I started walking away I caught in the corner of my eye the tractor trying to lay down with the ho!
Pun intended? Glad you're okay, messin' with ho's has been the ruin of many a good man ;)

/ Bad day: flipped backhoe, then almost flipped tractor... #16  
Really glad it wasn't worse and NOONE hurt. Things happen fast. I've learned anytime I'm using fel ROPS up, belt on. Luckily it was just a lesson learned this time.it could have been much worse in many ways. Glad you're all ok. I was ran over while working in a tractor last October. (Hip replaced) Hard lesson and tipped over another one last month. image-1642377770.jpg

/ Bad day: flipped backhoe, then almost flipped tractor... #17  
The time was not wasted but rather well spent. Flaws and the need to correct them were found before any injury occurred.

/ Bad day: flipped backhoe, then almost flipped tractor... #18  
That's scary for sure. The most interesting moment for me was when I was mowing with the H. I needed to run into the house, and parked the H in Neutral, engine on, with the brake on, on what I thought was level ground ( knew it really wasn't, but was in a hurry, and the tractor wasn't moving). I looked out the kitchen window a minute later to see the H rolling down toward the edge of the woods with a little gully, some HUGE rocks, and what used to be a pond. As I tore out of the house I had visions of the H on its side in the ditch, engine still on, and how the heck was I going to get it out of there? Luckily it didn't have to much momentum (it really wasn't that much of a slope), so when it hit the first rock it just stopped without tipping, and I was able to just back it out. But my wife really thought something was wrong when I tore past her at top speed with a look of sheer panic on my face. Now I make sure to stop on level ground.

Also, I was filling in a hole on a slope, coming in from the top, straight down. I had nothing on the back, as I was in the midst of a million things, and needed to tow the log splitter next. Anyhow, I came up with a full bucket of dirt, start heading downhill with a light rear end. Things got exciting quick, as you can imagine. I wasn't skidding too bad, so I dropped the bucket, dumped the dirt, then engaged the 4WD and slowly backed out. Then I put my rear blade on. Both times I could have avoided the near disaster, but was in too much of a hurry to bother. Luckily I learned my lessons with no damage to self or others or tractor. Just a warning to always be aware.

/ Bad day: flipped backhoe, then almost flipped tractor... #19  
Well there go my plans for some hoe dollies. I now figure I better continue to sit them on the concrete.

x2. I'm glad Coyote Machine didn't get hurt and that all equipment survived but now I recognize the "benefit" of simply storing the BH outside on a 6x6 with outriggers extended. I've always been a bit jealous of those with a nice concrete floored barn but I think I'll just count my blessings and keep doing things the same way. A bit of a pain to put a big canvas tarp over it but I'll live with it.

/ Bad day: flipped backhoe, then almost flipped tractor... #20  
Glad you and your wife weren't hurt. Post us some pics with the redesign.