Bad Dogs Bad Neighbor

/ Bad Dogs Bad Neighbor #153  
Have you tried treating the dog with a bone, it might become your friend over time if you continue to give it treats.
We had a run in with the people down the road 1/2 mile or so because they would not restrain their 2 large dogs. The kids or wife or myself go for a walk ride a bike etc. and the dogs chase and growl and scare the kids. Neighbors were not interested in keeping their dogs restrained. After the NYSP intervened we have just avoided walking that way if the dogs are out. Now the son 26 years old has been vandalizing our mailbox for a year or more. Leaves used condoms, liquor bottles full of urine and the latest party trick bags of feces. I have him on film and video and have filed a report with NY state police so far nothing has happened and the SOB just did it again on Sunday in broad daylight. I am looking for ideas for non-lethal ways to deter this scum bag until the cops can do something to help. I also filed an online claim with the postal service. Very frustrating and annoying.
Sounds like your only recourse is to try to train the dog to like you. I think the human is probably untrainable in the short term. With the escalation from the human, I would contact my Sheriffs office and let them know you have concerns about your personal well being with this 26 year old adult around.

Last edited:
   / Bad Dogs Bad Neighbor #154  
The dirtbag left a second deposit in the mailbox and we have it on film. SP are coming back to take a second statement and file a second charge. Town Constable was the one to talk to and the town supervisor. I filed a complaint with county Sherriff ( no response ) post office ( call SP ) filed a complaint with the USPS through online form ( no response ). So that is the progress so far. I was out of touch for a few days. I am not afraid of dogs but am certainly wary after being bit more than once as a meter reader. If the dogs come after me on the road they will be dealt with harshly but they generally just bark at me don't get too close. They are not good people and the son is the worst if I catch him on my property it will end poorly for him.
The problem with reporting it to so many different agencies is that they will all pass the buck and claim that the other Dept. can handle it and nobody will do anything. Do you live in the town limits or outside city limits?

/ Bad Dogs Bad Neighbor #155  
I have no dog. And don't vandalize peoples property.
OK, thanks for clarifying.
And you have done nothing untoward to them?

Is he fertilizing your mail receptacle simply because you called the cops on his dogs unwelcoming behavior?

/ Bad Dogs Bad Neighbor #156  
I want to see the video of the dog making the deposit. He must be big.

/ Bad Dogs Bad Neighbor

Is he fertilizing your mail receptacle simply because you called the cops on his dogs unwelcoming behavior?
yes mine and others. We are walkers ( my wife and I ) and this punk likes to stop and yell at people mainly seniors and women from his car and threaten them. Not a nice guy nor a nice family. When I walk alone he just glares and keeps driving.

/ Bad Dogs Bad Neighbor
well TBN team the state police with the sheriff department came yesterday took another statement and then the punk was arrested and charged. So at least that is progress. thanks for listening and I appreciate the well intentioned advice. The other older couple he vandalized we set up a camera last night for him so that he can get proof

yes
and the SP will charge him again.

/ Bad Dogs Bad Neighbor #160  
yes mine and others. We are walkers ( my wife and I ) and this punk likes to stop and yell at people mainly seniors and women from his car and threaten them. Not a nice guy nor a nice family. When I walk alone he just glares and keeps driving.
Thats where you need a recording device, sound or video to get his words on tape.