Bad news on my TC33D

/ Bad news on my TC33D #12  
For me it would be a hard decision.

20 years and owes you nothing. Scrap it and don't look back. Fork out to get what you want. New or used, another question, plus bigger implements.

Fix it or find another TC33D w/o loader and hoe and put your loader, overhead ROPS, and maybe hoe on it. Looks like for about the same price either way

Need good luck any way you go.

gg

/ Bad news on my TC33D #13  
I would trade. I have a long history of fixing one thing, only to have something else break. (Vehicles not tractors, but same principle.)

Even retired TBN member OldPath upgraded. I believe he now has a Kioti.

Edited for spelling error.
I see he is still running his Kubota in the woods, he says the Kioti was cheaper to buy.

SR

/ Bad news on my TC33D #14  
I don't know what work you are doing, but the TC33d sounds a bit too small.

/ Bad news on my TC33D
Thanks for the input.

I'm definitely leaning toward going new (GOOD used tractors are tough to find for sale around here).

The one thing I'm still wondering about is whether it's still worth fixing the old tractor and selling it. There are a number of folks who have expressed interest in it in my area if I ever wanted to sell (the foresty mods in particular are interesting for landownwers who do some of their own work in their woods). I may bring it back home and take it to a non-dealer repair guy I know and ask if he is interested in working on it. His shop rate is a good bit lower, and if we can find a used part, it may save a good bit. If I have a new tractor, I won't be in a rush to get it done and can afford to wait for a part or for a slow time in his schedule.

/ Bad news on my TC33D #16  
Sounds like you have a pretty decent dealer, have you tried asking them about a price on just trading for a new bigger model ?

/ Bad news on my TC33D #18  
For some what of a refrence I paid $14k in a private sale in the last year for a tc40 that's roughly 20yrs old. It came with a grapple bucket and smooth bucket, 2975hrs. I suspect a tc33 with a backhoe and loader to go for roughly 10-17k depending on condition.

Can you find a tc33 localy and keep both?

/ Bad news on my TC33D #20  
I like basing decisions off of numbers. So lets talk numbers...
Current asking prices for TC33D's on tractorhouse for machines that are hydro with loader.
Hours, location, price, other comment
2600, PA, $11,500
1192, IL, $18,900, super steer
1327, MO, $14,900
1956, WI, $13,995, super steer
?, OH, $6500, ugly

I am guessing the part that broke is SBA320111115 clutch housing. From CHH its $2865. All States Ag has it for $1078. A good rule of thumb is salvage parts are 50% off new.

There is always a chance that there is more damage. Figure $1000 in unforseen parts minimum. It would be interesting what the independent would charge for the repair.

I cannot provide advice on if you should repair it or not. However I would consider what it would sell for repaired vs broken. I find that the numbers help guide my thought process.