Bad week for equipment

/ Bad week for equipment
Both pieces of equipment just want to retire...you got your money worth. ;)

Yeah, just gonna repower the flat plate with a HF motor and ordered a cheap jack hammer. At 73 I dont have that many projects or years left in me either.

/ Bad week for equipment #12  
Ya' know, of all the tools I've seen mentioned over the years, a jackhammer is one thing I've never had a use for ... at least not enough to ever think about buying one. Once or twice, maybe I could have rented one, but found another way to do the little bit I needed.

/ Bad week for equipment #13  
I would agree, you got your money's worth of use out of the two items. I, like you, take good care of my stuff. Same TO 35 for 40 years, Yamaha ATV I bought in 85 (used, with my bonus from work) still going, many tools were inherited from my father and grandfather, still used and cherished.

/ Bad week for equipment #14  
Last week I blew up the motor on my 15 year old flat plate compactor and today my 35+ year old electric jackhammer went terminal. I guess i am just too hard on my tools. Does this happen in threes? :eek:

bigger question, what shape is the operator in :laughing:

/ Bad week for equipment #15  
Just sayin that the more Diesel powered stuff you have, the less trouble you have. IMO. Talking healthy, not wore out Diesels.

/ Bad week for equipment #16  
Just sayin that the more Diesel powered stuff you have, the less trouble you have. IMO. Talking healthy, not wore out Diesels.

But a diesel powered ...jackhammer ???
Ya think ???

/ Bad week for equipment #17  
I got several hydraulic ones that run off the remotes, so yeah, I guess Diesel Powered.

/ Bad week for equipment #18  
^^ I knew he'd go there. Or Pneumatic off a diesel compressor. I was hoping he'd try to go self contained.

/ Bad week for equipment #20  
But a diesel powered ...jackhammer ???
Ya think ???

I know, right...the guy said he is 73...not intending to upgrade to a pile driver! (LOL)