Barlows question

/ Barlows question
I don't know about your BX25 but I can't see how that's easily possible with the Grand L. The loader valve is mounted directly to the transmission. There's no hydraulic lines that supply it and looking at the picture it's just a machines surface and o-rings for the supply and return. So to add aftermarket spool valves would mean using the power beyond for the rear remotes and then trying to fit it in under the fender. If the loader lever was optional and mounted near the loader bracket it would be much easier.

/ Barlows question
The good news is Messik's is running a 10% off sale for Christmas. I placed the order using the normal stock order so I'll be waiting a couple weeks but between the sale price and not paying extra shipping charges they saved me money. Just wish they were closer to me.

/ Barlows question #14  
Yea, that's not even in the ballpark.

Now on the manufacturers side... we'd all have our suspicions

No, I did no believe it either.

My dealer has 3 parts counter guys. Sure they do a lot of business; but I have been there when I was the only one. They work their butts off researching parts, ordering specials, keeping stock up and just schmoozing guys like me. They know everybody by their first name. They probably go off campus with some of heir recommendations. I is amazing how much they know about their parts; but they have been there a long time. Good help is worth keeping but drives the overhead up. But, that brings in repeat business. That is all expensive overhead. That is why I go 40 miles instead of 12.

Ron

/ Barlows question #15  
I is amazing how much they know about their parts; but they have been there a long time. Good help is worth keeping but drives the overhead up. But, that brings in repeat business. That is all expensive overhead. That is why I go 40 miles instead of 12.

Ron

+1. I know exactly what and _where_ you mean.

Z.

/ Barlows question #17  
Does anyone who has bought a tractor from Barlows know if they offer a discount on repair parts? I have to replace the loader valve on my Kubota and it's pricey. Tomorrow I'll call around to since the local dealers charge full retail and don't want to budge on price.

My experience is that most (all?) tractor dealers charge retail price for replacement parts unless one is a VERY good customer.

SDT

/ Barlows question #19  
i've bought three tractors from barlow's and what few parts i have purchased (which has been very few) i think they charged listed price. their parts guy amazes me though. when i go in there he calls me by name first and last and remembers where i'm from and i'm in there maybe once a year and from the next county over.

My experience is that most (all?) tractor dealers charge retail price for replacement parts unless one is a VERY good customer.

SDT

I've bought a "Few" new tractors from Barlows and as Firebird says Gary (That knows all) is the greatest (Maybe I'm the one saying that :) parts guy. He does know my name and recognizes me :D but he came from being a service person so has a few steps above us old way in the past (Wayne Supply) Caterpillar and USAF parts guys. I don't get any discount on parts. I bought a fuel lid and later priced it at Messicks online and Messicks was about half the price I paid. Buying new and used tractors then Barlows is for sure the way to go but parts for price savings.....................

/ Barlows question #20  
If the part is Kubota only sourced you will pay retail list. All manufacturers work the same way. You can save on common parts that are outsourced. Thankfully Kubota and most other manufacturers build good quality products that don't need major repairs frequently. Economies of scale results in higher prices that seem unreasonable to us. I can go to AutoZone and get a water pump for my old Buick for $30 with a limited lifetime warranty. I am sure thousands of those water pumps have been built. Not going to happen on a tractor.