Bathroom Re-model concrete foundation

/ Bathroom Re-model concrete foundation #11  
I want to cut out the concrete where the blue tape is. Want to know if that will cause structural problem.

Drain and vent will be capped and abandoned. Copper cannot be abandoned(except shower valve) but has to go below floor level. So "re work copper" or move it. Remove the shower supply that currently sticks up, move the rest of the copper to below floor level, probably by using 90* fittings.

"Connect hole" in concrete for drain to hole I will cut to move copper. Make 1 big hole instead of 2 smaller ones.

The idea behind the copper, as it is now, is that you don’t have connections below the slab. So cutting and moving your connections below grade does create a different condition that isn’t ideal- it’s done but it’s not ideal.

/ Bathroom Re-model concrete foundation
Some in progress pictures. Just a few of the million I took. 20170115_045621.jpeg20170210_195846.jpeg20170310_132754.jpeg20170816_133646.jpeg20171203_141604.jpeg20180602_200413.jpeg20181213_190834.jpeg20181216_202059.jpeg20181216_210338.jpeg20181207_164100.jpeg

/ Bathroom Re-model concrete foundation #13  
There's a fart fan near the toilet. Been thinking about putting one closer to shower. Dont want mold.
Don't if you need a second fan but a decent quality, higher than minimal CFM fan should do the trick. Install a dial timer so it works after you walk away. Air flow is important.

/ Bathroom Re-model concrete foundation #15  
Great looking shower, the window is nice in spite of what I said earlier.

I did not see any backing to mount grab bars? If not, you will have a problem adding them later. I am getting old so think about those things.

Ron

/ Bathroom Re-model concrete foundation #16  
Don't if you need a second fan but a decent quality, higher than minimal CFM fan should do the trick. Install a dial timer so it works after you walk away. Air flow is important.

All my bathrooms have the Fan, heat, light, and night light combo units, we love them. Heat circuit is on a thermostat.

Ron

/ Bathroom Re-model concrete foundation #17  
All my bathrooms have the Fan, heat, light, and night light combo units, we love them. Heat circuit is on a thermostat.

Ron
Heat in a bathroom is the cat's meow. If you are redoing the floor, consider radiant heat.

Yeah I jack hammered 2 layers of tile. Definitely putting heat under new tiles.

Great looking shower, the window is nice in spite of what I said earlier.

I did not see any backing to mount grab bars? If not, you will have a problem adding them later. I am getting old so think about those things.

Ron
Thanks. I didn't want a window at all, but the hole in the bricks was there, so hopefully the new one will last longer than the old one. Old wood window took 30 years to rot, it didn't rot the 2x4s.

The idea behind the copper, as it is now, is that you don’t have connections below the slab. So cutting and moving your connections below grade does create a different condition that isn’t ideal- it’s done but it’s not ideal.
Thanks for your replies. I understand, I'm not too keen on the connections below grade either, but dont know how else to do it. It's in the way now.

Better do a good job on the joints before I cover them up!

I guess I know what part of the floor to bust up if I have future problems.