Bathroom Re-model concrete foundation

/ Bathroom Re-model concrete foundation
Here's the latest. Capped the drain and vent. Probably going to do the copper 1 side at a time while I'm on 2nd shift and the wife is at work and kids at daycare. I did the concrete saw and jack hammer part while they were away today. 20190223_225027.jpeg

/ Bathroom Re-model concrete foundation #22  
Don't want to be captain obvious but make shure you rap pipes with Styrofoam before you pour concrete. Great work.:thumbsup::drink:

/ Bathroom Re-model concrete foundation #23  
Be sure the copper is not in contact with any concrete. The concrete will corrode the copper.
In your case I'd stay with copper since it's whats there and is a small job, but keep PEX in mind for other plumbing work.

/ Bathroom Re-model concrete foundation #24  
Sounds like you got some great advice already and it looks like you are doing a very nice job. I'm just commenting so I can follow your progress and see the finished pictures.

Sounds like you got some great advice already and it looks like you are doing a very nice job. I'm just commenting so I can follow your progress and see the finished pictures.
Thanks.

I think you put down alot of tile?

Would you use self leveling goop over this thinset left after removing 2 layers of tile? Or just thinset and tile over it?

Any recommendations on radiant floor heat mats or whatever they are called?

Forgot picture for when I said "this thinset left behind"20190224_094510.jpeg

/ Bathroom Re-model concrete foundation #27  
   / Bathroom Re-model concrete foundation #28  
Be sure the copper is not in contact with any concrete. The concrete will corrode the copper.
In your case I'd stay with copper since it's whats there and is a small job, but keep PEX in mind for other plumbing work.

Whoops... missed this. :thumbsup:

I hope you put proper insulation around those copper pipes going through the slab. Concrete will eat up copper, fast...
They were there from when the house was built. I hope they did too.

Yes I understand the lime in the concrete will eat up copper.

I do plan to cover up the copper pipes I modify to sit below floor level, so the concrete doesn't touch it.

Got the hot water side ready today. Pretty much duplicated what was already there, just 3 feet shorter.

I am thinking actually putting concrete over this will be the last thing I do. I will leave it uncovered to monitor my handiwork until I feel confident to seal it up forever.20190224_222339.jpeg