Bathroom Re-model concrete foundation

/ Bathroom Re-model concrete foundation #31  
Must be a delayed echo in here.:drink:

/ Bathroom Re-model concrete foundation
Eddie Walker, would you use self leveling compound over this or just tile over it?

I think you have done ALOT of remodels and tiling, figured you would know the best way.

I have used the self leveling compound once. Its expensive for what you get and kinda a pain, but it did exactly what I needed. 20190224_094510.jpeg

/ Bathroom Re-model concrete foundation #33  
Eddie Walker, would you use self leveling compound over this or just tile over it?

I think you have done ALOT of remodels and tiling, figured you would know the best way.

I have used the self leveling compound once. Its expensive for what you get and kinda a pain, but it did exactly what I needed.View attachment 593663

I would scrape and/or grind it all off. For a big area like yours, renting a floor grinder would get 90 percent of it off in a few hours. Then the areas around the cabinets would have to be done by a smaller grinder, or chisel end on a SDS rotary hammer.

Thanks, I figured you would know.

This is what's left of the shower I removed. Plugged the drain/vent off where it teed off. Shortened the copper pipes below grade.

Been framing, wiring, sheetrocking and painting.

20190411_150234.jpeg

/ Bathroom Re-model concrete foundation #36  
Ask around. Who do you know who has had remodeling done and has been happy with the result?

We had our bathrooms remodeled 3 years ago by a guy who had done some work for a friend.

The basement bathroom is still a basement bathroom - nothing fancy, but all the things that annoyed me have been fixed.

The main bathroom was a gut job. We replaced the bathtub with a walk-in shower with a rain shower. All new tile. Moved the plumbing. New vanity and sink. New lighting. New fan, paint, etc.

/ Bathroom Re-model concrete foundation #37  
That's a very nice bathroom!!!

/ Bathroom Re-model concrete foundation #38  
Ask around. Who do you know who has had remodeling done and has been happy with the result?

We had our bathrooms remodeled 3 years ago by a guy who had done some work for a friend.

The basement bathroom is still a basement bathroom - nothing fancy, but all the things that annoyed me have been fixed.

The main bathroom was a gut job. We replaced the bathtub with a walk-in shower with a rain shower. All new tile. Moved the plumbing. New vanity and sink. New lighting. New fan, paint, etc.

We just finished up doing our master bath, original from house build in 1985, sorely in need of a gut job. Glad wife didn't see that wall insert/display thing, or I'd have been doing that too ! :D

Wife and I did about everything but the glass door on the shower.

enhance

Doors I built (had a stain glass panel made for it)

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

/ Bathroom Re-model concrete foundation #39  
That's an interesting bathtub. Do you walk into it, sit down, close the door, then start filling it up while sitting there? How long does that take? I guess the same happens when you are done? you open the drain and wait for the water to go away before you can leave it?

/ Bathroom Re-model concrete foundation #40  
That's an interesting bathtub. Do you walk into it, sit down, close the door, then start filling it up while sitting there? How long does that take? I guess the same happens when you are done? you open the drain and wait for the water to go away before you can leave it?
I get the handicap ease but I also wondered about the amount of time you have to spend stuck to take a soak.