Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #3,402  
After reading that article I get the impression the author isn't a fan of the Salton Sea:

"...the whole lake became a fetid, foul-smelling death-pond, littered with carcasses and bones and swarming with flies. I’ve been to the Salton Sea, a number of years back, and it is without a doubt one of the most revolting, miserable, unpleasant places I have ever been."

and

"If you fell unconscious in LA and woke up in a rowboat in the middle of the Salton Sea, it would be entirely reasonable for you to think you had died and gone straight to Hell."

Sounds like the perfect place for a lithium mine.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.
#3,403  
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #3,404  
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #3,406  
#3,407  
After looking at the fires in Western US the floods in West Europe the unrest in Africa and other parts of the country clearly moving from fossil fuel is not the number one priority for the world today.

Yet it will be on the front burner for the rest of our lives. One positive thing that I see that Western Nations are deciding to build their own EVs and make their own batteries for the EVS. This would be positive for many things long term. With shipping cost getting so expensive to move goods across the oceans it is a positive reason to build more of our products in our own countries.

I think as a baby boomer it is hard to realize that things will not always be getting better for the poor and lifting more people up out of poverty in Western nations with declining populations. I am watching Japan and Italy to get a picture of what it's going to be like in the United States in the future population wise and the problems with a declining population.

#3,408  

While the air is thin to support this level of EV rebates they are starting to grasp EV makers are not even planning to build the number of batteries required for their stated EV sales forecasts.

The new EV makers like GM, Ford, VW, Toyota, etc seem to forget years ago the first Giga EV factory was not to build EVs but to make lithium ion batteries.

While Tesla is technically years ahead of any other EV maker they are light years ahead when it comes to building EV car and battery factories.

Tesla today is selling everything they can build with no consumer EV rebates in place at the federal level in the USA.

That indicates there is no lack of demand for EVs but just a lack of EVs being produced.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #3,409  
Tesla today is selling everything they can build with no consumer EV rebates in place at the federal level in the USA.

That indicates there is no lack of demand for EVs but just a lack of EVs being produced.
And no advertising. Tesla has never advertised. Only hosts their own website. No Google Ad links. Nothing.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #3,410  
If Tesla had to price their vehicles high enough to make a profit without making hundreds of millions of dollars on carbon credits each year, would they still sell as many vehicles? Are the "big 3" the ones buying the carbon credits? In the future as the "big 3" and others bring up their overall fleet mpg they will need to purchase less and less carbon credits. How will that effect Tesla?

Status
Not open for further replies.