Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #4,481  
I always like it when fast food restaurants say carne, or meat, or steak.
That could make it any USDA inspected animal, including horse or even kangaroo.
We need to make raising animals more efficient to save energy, or harness it better.
My son says the grown meat has a slightly fishy taste with no sauce. I have not tried it yet.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #4,482  
i don't understand your comment, dogs are the only na indigenous meat animal.

there were lots of meat animals here 12000 years ago, until we showed up and ate most of them.

there are still a few now.
I should have included "domestic" in the sentence.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #4,483  
I always like it when fast food restaurants say carne, or meat, or steak.
That could make it any USDA inspected animal, including horse or even kangaroo.
We need to make raising animals more efficient to save energy, or harness it better.
My son says the grown meat has a slightly fishy taste with no sauce. I have not tried it yet.
I want to a Cajun pizza parlor once that made alligator pizza. Pretty good pie.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #4,485  
However:
"The Air Dream Edition starts at $169,000 before federal and state incentives, although the company has said it will eventually offer more affordable versions of the Air, including one that will sell for about $77,000."
That has to be factored into the equation when you can buy an ice car for well under $20K, 35-40 mpg, 100K mile/10 year warranty.
All that must be considered, as well as (mark my words) everyone's electric bill increasing (upgrades to grid as demand increases).
There's no free lunch and no pollution free solution.
First the hook ("better" electric vehicles, "free" charging stations, etc.).
Then price increase (pay charging, higher electric bill).

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.
#4,486  
Don't fall for click bait nonsense EV articles. Wait until they start competing with Tesla. You may be one of few members to consider an EV in that price range.

As Fuddy menented EVs must be in the $20K price range to be considered as a car to drive to work or to send to college with a kid. This is per Elon Musk of Tesla. This is why Tesla has come out opposed to a new EV cash rebate because it will mainly only go to people who don't need a cash handout.

Today this cash handout will mainly fuel EV imports from China. They are the one with cheap batteries and EVs. GM has actually shutdown EV sales waiting on batteries customers can trust. Free EV cash can't help GM currently. The lions share of any EV cash discounts in the next 5 years will mainly benefit Tesla who currently are selling more they can build. The Cybertruck has over 1,000,000 preorders. Then there's the Semi, etc.

There is NO lack of demand for even higher end EVs. Cash rebates need to wait until there's an inventory 300 mile range in the $15K-$30K price range to meaningful move EVs forward on my view. The most that I have ever paid for a new car is $2,150.00.

$169K cars is ONLY click bate for most of us

#4,487  
#4,488  
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #4,489  
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #4,490  
I should have included "domestic" in the sentence.
10-4

other than the dog, livestock domestication began in the middle east, first goats and sheep.

the book i read said, for some reason, mother nature concentrated those herd animals in that area and they lend themselves to domestication. domesticated grain got its start there also.

domos is greek for house.....i think.

one great line is......we didn't domesticate agriculture, it domesticated us.

Status
Not open for further replies.