Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,352  
Somewhere many years ago, I saw a study that said we have no laid major rail road tracks since the WW II timeframe.

A lot of major lines have been removed completely.
Few years back L&N removed a main line running through KY.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,354  
True, but very few trains make local deliveries
There are a lot of other related problems... probably why the industry is nothing like it’s heyday.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.
#5,355  
Yep. All fake news.

Enterprise will not allow that to happen.

/s
Thanks now I will not have to drive my EV 50 miles to rent an EV. Enterprise is only 14 miles away and we have a commercial account there. I'm looking forward in a few years when Tesla has their full self-driving feature approved the rental car will just come to me.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,356  
I sometimes think that the people developing self driving semis have never drove a truck in their life. I can see usefulness in the drop n hook part but otherwise no.
Things are rarely as they should be when you pull into a facility. Way too many variables. Who is responsible for conveying the changes to the truck.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,357  
I sometimes think that the people developing self driving semis have never drove a truck in their life. I can see usefulness in the drop n hook part but otherwise no.
Things are rarely as they should be when you pull into a facility. Way too many variables. Who is responsible for conveying the changes to the truck.

They said that about container ships too.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,359  
There are are technologically savvy companies working on full self driving. I don't place Tesla in that category. They are relying on cameras while most companies are relying more on radar like systems. I believe that it will happen.
To be truly safe they will need to use multiple technologies.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,360  
Isn't that what they said about computers and chess.

I live near hwy 13 where human driven cars kill people all the time. I'm hoping one day computers will do a better job of keeping people alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.