Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.
#5,771  

KY and TN are so screwed if Ford runs out of money before 2030.

If reclaimed coal mines and land fills become quality solar farms with federal funds we could have electric to export to NY.

KY does have timberland.

Last edited:
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,773  
As long as China holds all the rare earth metals needed to build lithium batteries...we (the US) should not go all in on electric battery based tech. We would be giving up our energy independence.

That is not moving forward.
And considering China is not a friend and has world domination in mind, that is very dangerous to the free world

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,774  
buckeye farmer if you have an emotional need to post rumors about Bill Gates please start your site for such activity. My coding history started in 1969 with Assembly, RPG-2 and COBOL. My first PC was a Sinclair with the Z80 processor. The last PC we built and sold was in 1999. DOS rumors are not news in my case.

Im an old computer geek also, and it was all the news at the time. Gates was known to have used other work as his starting point. DOS and GUI. Guess history has been rewritten.

Last edited:
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,775  
Uh-oh...of course ev lovers say ice vehicles catch fire also, except there are more ice cars.
I can see homeowner insurance policies in the future now. "If you have an EV and charger check this box".

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,776  
And considering China is not a friend and has world domination in mind, that is very dangerous to the free world
Unlike the US?

RussiaAgressor.jpg

A LOT of the world would like to be free but the US won't allow that.

US is an empire and ALL empires collapse. There will be another empire to follow and it too will collapse. Of course, this could all be avoided with nukes (US had once proposed nuking China; it had US troops IN China in the early 1900s [US also had troops in Russia in the early 1900s]). China, at this point, has like ONE foreign military base (I'm thinking it's in Afghanistan - irony abounds, but am not sure- simple Google inquiry would bring it up, but where it's at isn't as important as are the numbers). Collapse all of humanity and one can avoid the singular collapse experience.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,777  
Tesla's prices are going up. Yeah, same can be said for ICE vehicles. The takeaway, however, is that this is the opposite direction (on EVs) needed to get better market penetration. I've got cash to buy several Teslas but no way I would shell out $60k on a car (not when I've got zero payments and my fuel costs are $0.05/mile - repair costs are very low as is insurance). My wife's son just sold his Tesla: more commuting from home- the high monthy costs were too much and the market was hot enough to dump it.

***** is pushing for more oil production: all counter the the notion of decreasing pressures on the climate (which EVs are supposed to be a big part of). More opening up of areas for oil extraction. The big "push" bill is pretty sad for addressing alternative energy sources.

Reality is tough. And it's not necessarily what I'd like: I operate on probabilities (marketing hype is tossed out the window).

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,778  
Uh-oh...of course ev lovers say ice vehicles catch fire also, except there are more ice cars.
I can see homeowner insurance policies in the future now. "If you have an EV and charger check this box".
On that Tesla fire, it would be nice to know the cause , however - "Investigators have not yet revealed the cause of the fire".

in 2019 there were over 500 car fires a day and 20 per day were arson.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,779  
And meanwhile thousands die in traffic accidents (irrespective of the energy source used to crash vehicles). It's good to understand all risks. I don't like over-stating for biased reasons (that's the job of marketing).

Anyone have any numbers on house fires caused by automobiles? (At this point almost all will be accrued to ICE ones- knowing what people do with electrical stuff, however, I COULD see there being a bump from EVs; but, again, I think it would be better to focus on getting people to learn to drive vehicles such that the largest sources of injury -crashes- can be reduced.)

Status
Not open for further replies.