Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,781  
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,782  
Here in Europe it's going to be a interesting winter, natural gas crisis, break down in electrical supply, prices wil destroy people with lower income, suppose a lot og people will freeze to death if it's going to be cold in central Europe.

Energy supply is a political matter that a lot of today's political broilers are way to disconnected to understand the long lines, depending on Mr Putin for energy is a bad idea.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,783  
Here in Europe it's going to be a interesting winter, natural gas crisis, break down in electrical supply, prices wil destroy people with lower income, suppose a lot og people will freeze to death if it's going to be cold in central Europe.

Energy supply is a political matter that a lot of today's political broilers are way to disconnected to understand the long lines, depending on Mr Putin for energy is a bad idea.
Yep, a very bad idea! And we in the US are way way too dependent on China

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,784  
Batteries are still not energy dense enough to be a viable long term solution. Right now, it's filling a need to tickle the sensibilities of an "enlightened" class of buyer. They know the concept is not anywhere near scalable or economical on a large scale. Batteries just hold energy, just like a wire...The key is finding a scalable power supply. Like Fusion. That is where the research and Development should be focused on. The next country to figure out a power supply for the next 300 years will be the next super power.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,785  
Have been little interest in any newer and cleaner energy, oil, coal and natural gas have been owning the marked and probably the politicians. I come from a country that produces oil and gas, and in the same time tryes very hard to be "green", but the problem is that green is nice but oil pays the bills....

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.
#5,786  
This is the future in many places, producing energy to power your life, you can't produce your own gasoline, you can in theory produce fuel for old diesel engines at home but it's a very messy and labour intensive process.
The scalability of solar for home use is becoming more common. I understand OPEC has a lot of friends but to me driving an EV fully charged by sunshine collected in my own yard and or garage roof sounds like freedom from the gas pumps that I can't control. Energy independence means different things to different people.

Non battery commercial energy storage.

Last edited:
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,787  
The scalability of solar for home use is becoming more common. I understand OPEC has a lot of friends but to me driving an EV fully charged by sunshine collected in my own yard and or garage roof sounds like freedom from the gas pumps that I can't control. Energy independence means different things to different people.

Non battery commercial energy storage.

Can you put 50kwh into the car each night from solar?

If you have 1000 watts or 1 kw of solar, it would take 6.25 days of solar to charge a tesla battery.

I don't think there is enough roof space to charge a tesla each night. It would require 20, thousand watt arrays to charge a tesla in a 8 hour period.

Last edited:
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,788  
With all the birds in the sky by Musk I
don't believe GPS units will have any
trouble finding roads etc. Somehow
the birds will be used by GPS and you
will be able to travel in your electric car
and never touch the steering wheel
If I ever want to purchase a electric car
it would have to be a Tesla model more
advanced than any other electric car.

willy

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,789  
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.
#5,790  
Can you put 50kwh into the car each night from solar?

If you have 1000 watts or 1 kw of solar, it would take 6.25 days of solar to charge a tesla battery.

I don't think there is enough roof space to charge a tesla each night. It would require 20, thousand watt arrays to charge a tesla in a 8 hour period.
Keep in mind your max hours of solar gains at best time of the year is about 5 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.