Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,821  
Not if you add a second 220 outlet and add some double breakers to free up the space for the 220 outlet. Then all you really have to worry about is the amp draw from using both together.
And the effective outcome is this - - -
1658341968047.png

1658342026181.png

Plus the added cost of hiring an electrician, permits and the cost of the hardware. It may require another expensive panel in residence if all of the breaker slots are filled. $$,$$$

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,822  
Do u mean energy for electricity generation plants?
I mean energy in general. Putin has them all by the short hair so to speak.

My issue with electric cars is the reduction of baseload capacity here as well. It's not a sustainable energy source (electricity) presently.

Just read a piece somewhere that if we relied on the worlds total available battery capacity, it would last 11 minutes and that is all folks.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,825  
I rent and have a 40 mile commute one way to work. Wife has a 35 mile one way commute.

We looked for places closer but ran into issues since our dog is a "Banned" breed for most property managers. It was either rent in the ghetto at a premium rate for garbage and worry about our stuff disappearing. Or the option we chose which was to rent a luxury home from a property manager we have dealt with in the past. Rents $50 more then the ghetto and the property manager takes care of the yard, as well as any maintananence in the home. This includes replacing light bulbs. We are the first tenants for this house.
Those %^&! Chihuahuas!!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,826  
View attachment 755112
View attachment 755114

Plus the added cost of hiring an electrician, permits and the cost of the hardware. It may require another expensive panel in residence if all of the breaker slots are filled. $$,$$$
View attachment 755112

I thought that was a parking meter… It is…. in the future!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,828  
Maybe parking meters will be dual function like some in the far North that provide a receptacle for engine heater?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,829  
I mean energy in general. Putin has them all by the short hair so to speak.

My issue with electric cars is the reduction of baseload capacity here as well. It's not a sustainable energy source (electricity) presently.

Just read a piece somewhere that if we relied on the worlds total available battery capacity, it would last 11 minutes and that is all folks.
OK, so that article i posted said more electric miles are driven in Norway, than are gas miles. How does an energy reduction in general change that ?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,830  
View attachment 755112
View attachment 755114

Yes electric charges will go up. But gas costs more for the same miles driven. So what are u saying here?