Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,841  
Unlike our Big Oil which squeezes every nickel it can out of us, Norway invests some of its oil revenue in future generations.

Government Pension Fund of Norway​

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Government Pension Fund of Norway (Norwegian: Statens pensjonsfond) comprises two entirely separate sovereign wealth funds owned by the government of Norway.

The Government Pension Fund Global, also known as the Oil Fund, was established in 1990 to invest the surplus revenues of the Norwegian petroleum sector. It has over US$1.19 trillion in assets,[1] and holds 1.4% of all of the world’s listed companies, making it the world’s largest sovereign wealth fund.[2][3] In December 2021, it was worth about $250,000 per Norwegian citizen.[1] It also holds portfolios of real estate and fixed-income investments. Many companies are excluded by the fund on ethical grounds.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,842  
Knowing is half the battle!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,843  
220V outlet waiting for the Tesla! (Easy install myself)

Attachments

• 4BFFCE7C-8EE9-4EB8-BDAC-1B6C1E53417C.jpeg
    4BFFCE7C-8EE9-4EB8-BDAC-1B6C1E53417C.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 64
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,844  
norskpetroleum.no

Norway is the third largest exporter of natural gas in the world, behind Russia and Qatar only. In recent years, Norway has supplied between 20 and 25 per cent of the EU and United Kingdom gas demand. Nearly all oil and gas produced on the Norwegian shelf is exported, and combined, oil and gas exceeds half of the total value of Norwegian exports of goods. This makes oil and gas the most important export commodities in the Norwegian economy.
LOL. Thanks for posting.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,845  
I wish. Area close to work had an ordinance banning pit bulls and wolf hybrids. In the fine print a wolf hybrid includes German shepherds, Australian shepherds, akitas, chows, husky, and about 10 other breeds. And they don't have to contain any wolf in the mix. This covers 3 separate cities in 2 counties. The ordinance has been lifted but the property managers haven't caught up.

I will say this. The neighbors chihuahuas are 100 times more aggressive then our shepherd. Unless you count hugs and kisses as being aggressive.
Wow, that’s a lot of breeds!

My next door neighbor has a bazillion dogs. The German Shepard is a huge dog, but very nice. The black lab is a sweetheart. The white dog never goes off the leash when outside. And the Chihuahua is psychotic!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,846  
In Germany they are saying, Ve has nadda wood for you.

View attachment 755125
Yep... my cousin married a farmer in Austria... they sell eggs and pork raised with grain they grow and also have a small firewood business...

The phone rings off the hook from people looking for firewood... there just isn't any unless you are connected to a farm and wood stoves back ordered a year or more.

I heat with wood in Austria and my stored wood is minimal as cabin stuttered off season in winter.

Here in California I can't give Oak away where forest owners in Austria have a ready list of buyers for every tree that falls. No work needed as the buyer will cut and transport...

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,847  
That will come to a screeching end (pun intended) when Putin cuts their energy supply off....and he will, bank on it. Heck of a ***** card I'd say.
The article start with Norway, here EV are dominat with 65 procent, no problem wit that.

And why should Europe return to ICE when most of it don't produce oil and gas them selves? Oil and gas are nothing that makes sense to be dependent on.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,848  
And public charging here in Norway are not really a big problem in real life, with an exception of the weeks of vacation and mostly besides the main roads.

Chargers are popping up in front of even small shops, gas stations with large areas are putting up chargers and make a good living on selling food to the EV drivers waiting. A few gas stations have startet to reduce the number of pumps to make room for chargers.

One concern that is discussed is how to make fuel available in the near future on small, remote places, this is a challenge even today but when people charge at home the volum will be reduced. Suppose we must make a solution that involves government support to keep this infrastructure alive.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,849  
In Germany they are saying, Ve has nadda wood for you.

View attachment 755125
Well, firewood is an important energy source in Scandinavia and the Nordics countries, in homes most people use traditional wood but in larger bioenergy systems wood chips is the source, many farms that needs heat have smaller wood chip boilers.

And yes even here there are a exceptional strong demand for firewood, many people wands to have a supply of emergency fuel in the basement, and the usual import of firewood from Easter Europe is of course reduced as demand is high all over.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,850