Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,831  
Those %^&! Chihuahuas!!
I wish. Area close to work had an ordinance banning pit bulls and wolf hybrids. In the fine print a wolf hybrid includes German shepherds, Australian shepherds, akitas, chows, husky, and about 10 other breeds. And they don't have to contain any wolf in the mix. This covers 3 separate cities in 2 counties. The ordinance has been lifted but the property managers haven't caught up.

I will say this. The neighbors chihuahuas are 100 times more aggressive then our shepherd. Unless you count hugs and kisses as being aggressive.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,832  
OK, so that article i posted said more electric miles are driven in Norway, than are gas miles. How does an energy reduction in general change that ?
It don't until Putin pulls the plug. When there isn't anymore NG to power their generating plants (peakers units) and no oil to heat their homes with, it won't matter anyway. That electric car with no electricity to charge it becomes an expensive rock. I suspect the distances between point a and point b there are a lot smaller than here, Norway isn't that big of a country. Germany is already finding out the hard way that 'green' don't work. Merkel lead them down the green path and now they get to pay for it. Gonna be a long COLD winter in Europe I suspect.

One thing I don't worry about it heat. Been heating with green energy for decades, as in bio mass which is a nice, carbon neutral, renewable heat source. I started doing it a long time ago and never stopped. I did it because I was cheap and it's paid off handsomely.

My fossil fuel heat bill for the entire winter is less than 400 bucks and only because I heat my shop with propane. If I didn't do that, that would vanish as well. I keep the house at 70, no matter how cold it is.

Europeans big worry will be heat this winter besides keeping the lights on. Germany is already considering fuel rationing because at any time, Putin can cut them off.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,833  
It don't until Putin pulls the plug. When there isn't anymore NG to power their generating plants (peakers units) and no oil to heat their homes with, it won't matter anyway. That electric car with no electricity to charge it becomes an expensive rock. I suspect the distances between point a and point b there are a lot smaller than here, Norway isn't that big of a country. Germany is already finding out the hard way that 'green' don't work. Merkel lead them down the green path and now they get to pay for it. Gonna be a long COLD winter in Europe I suspect.

One thing I don't worry about it heat. Been heating with green energy for decades, as in bio mass which is a nice, carbon neutral, renewable heat source. I started doing it a long time ago and never stopped. I did it because I was cheap and it's paid off handsomely.

My fossil fuel heat bill for the entire winter is less than 400 bucks and only because I heat my shop with propane. If I didn't do that, that would vanish as well. I keep the house at 70, no matter how cold it is.

Europeans big worry will be heat this winter besides keeping the lights on. Germany is already considering fuel rationing because at any time, Putin can cut them off.
In Germany they are saying, Ve has nadda wood for you.

1658349287724.png

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,834  
Australian shepherds,
Them too??? We have one. Most docile pup as there ever was. I'd consider a Pit Bull as an undesirable dog but Aussie Shepard's no way. I think it all depends on how they are raised. Ours would rather roll over and show you his tummy (for a scratch) than anything else. Those basically hairless ankle biters are very aggressive, least in my experience they are and they have needle teeth too.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,835  
I think Norway has enough oil and gas such that they export it to other countries. Their EV drivers will be just fine.

For those countries that are dependent on bad actors for their fossil fuels, it makes a perfect case to ramp up renewable and perhaps nuclear energy (if they can find a way to safely dispose of the waste) with maximum haste.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,836  
In Germany they are saying, Ve has nadda wood for you.

View attachment 755125
Germany especially is in a world of hurt because Germany is heavily industrial and heavy industry uses a lot of power. One of JD's largest production facilities is in Mannheim Germany, have a friend who woks there and he's more than worried presently.

Obvious to me that 'Being Green' has a price, a stiff price. Same thing could happen here as baseload power generation declines but consumption goes up. Just keep closing those coal and NG fired plants and Nuclear facilities and watch what happens. Most of those toasters you own won't be going anywhere.

Handwriting is on the wall... read it or ignore it, your choice. Meanwhile, I'll stay nice and toasty on renewable fuel.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,837  
I think Norway has enough oil and gas such that they export it to other countries. Their EV drivers will be just fine.

For those countries that are dependent on bad actors for their fossil fuels, it makes a perfect case to ramp up renewable and perhaps nuclear energy (if they can find a way to safely dispose of the waste) with maximum haste.
I don't think you are right besides, conversion isn't a one day or one week or even a one year turnaround.

Gonna sit back and watch.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,838  

So gasoline will still be plentiful when Putler cuts off the oil and NG?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,839  

Energy in Norway​

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Norway is a large energy producer, and one of the world's largest exporters of oil. Most of the electricity in the country is produced by hydroelectricity. Norway is one of the leading countries in the electrification of its transport sector, with the largest fleet of electric vehicles per capita in the world

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,840  
norskpetroleum.no

Norway is the third largest exporter of natural gas in the world, behind Russia and Qatar only. In recent years, Norway has supplied between 20 and 25 per cent of the EU and United Kingdom gas demand. Nearly all oil and gas produced on the Norwegian shelf is exported, and combined, oil and gas exceeds half of the total value of Norwegian exports of goods. This makes oil and gas the most important export commodities in the Norwegian economy.

Last edited: