Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #19,051  
2 more new staff Tesla’s this week…

Very early this morning the staff lot was 17 cars and of those 8 EV
O.99% interest rate be pulling a few across the finish line.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #19,052  
If EVs dont solve a problem, like climate activists claim they do... The purpose is what? I'd say lower cost to operate, unless the cost of acquisition outweighs that savings. Which for a lot of folks, it is.
The Tesla model Y is the easiest car I can find to get in and out of that has FSD.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #19,053  
The Tesla model Y is the easiest car I can find to get in and out of that has FSD.
Would you have purchased an ICE vehicle for the same reason?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #19,055  
Not only that the Y, IMO, is the way car's should be built. Simple, convenient, functional and fun.
Once the price point approached $50k it became a car worth looking at.
I would tell the EV haters to test drive a Y or 3 and judge for themselves.
I love the ability to fuel my Y at home at a much lower cost than a gas station.
I bought my Y because it was the best car for me on the market and I was looking at a used Lexus 500 and a used Mercedes S class.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #19,056  
Range is decent on the Honda Prologue.

Drag Coefficient

It's interesting to see the shapes of various EV's with low drag coefficients.

Yep, Tesla will win that comparison Form does follow function, and it shows in the Y .

I do think the Honda looks nice.
The new Equinox is also decent looking.
Vid below of it.

I Hope they have got the software bugs out of them and the batteries/ motors /driver boards hold up well.

Tesla still wins on space utilization.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #19,057  
Yep, Tesla will win that comparison Form does follow function, and it shows in the Y .

I do think the Honda looks nice.
The new Equinox is also decent looking.
Vid below of it.

I Hope they have got the software bugs out of them and the batteries/ motors /driver boards hold up well.

Tesla still wins on space utilization.

Tesla does have 10 yrs of production and design over the other EV brand cars. If I was Ford, GM, etc I would reverse engineer the Tesla instead of starting 10 yrs behind. I believe Elon Musk said he was willing to share technology to other automakers if that increase EV ownership.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #19,058  
Would you have purchased an ICE vehicle for the same reason?
Of course not. I ran my air conditioner yesterday from 11:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. never shut it off and drove 60 mi. I couldn't afford the gas for a car to do what you was asking about.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #19,059  
I'm still not seeing any mention of this Ioniq 5 in this thread. I saw one in town. It looks like a decent replacement for my 20yo Focus Wagon that just won't die. Consumer Reports notes the first ones, 2022 model, had issues that kept the owners going back to the dealers for warranty work then 2023 and now 2024 are much better, about average across everything sold in the US. They rank it a favorite, recommended, in their small SUV category. I might consider a used 2023 at under $30,000 presently, since all EV's depreciate fast and I'll let the prior owner eat that. I don't need a replacement immediately, maybe used prices will be better then. Or, with the $7500 rebate available, a new one might not cost much more. I haven't researched cost.

CU's road test was interesting. The found acceleration and handling amazing, comparable to Tesla Y and I think third across everything they have reviewed this year. They said uneven road is absorbed far better than Tesla Y. And its much better in new-car reliability as reported to them by recent buyers of either. At some $10k less for a car in the similar category, this deserves a closer look.
Hyundai Ioniq 5 2024

Hyundai Ioniq 5 2024

Price Range: $41,800 - $59,400
CR MPGE: Overall 98 / City 110 / Hwy 87 mpge
#4 of 14 Electric SUVs

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #19,060  
Two neighbors had GM EV1 and knew a guy with all electric Ford Ranger plus 40 years ago the post office was trying all electric mail carrier trucks…

Never heard anything bad about any of them but they were not cross country or drive to the mountains vehicles.