Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #19,172  
What makes you think I am "all on board with the EV thing"? Newcomer hasn't been paying attention, thinks with his biases not paying attention to what is written.

I like my EVs, I defend their properties. Not the politics.

Clearly Everyone Knows Money Is The Root Of All Evil. So you must immediately divest of all of your money else you are "all on board with the Evil thing."
You defend their false properties.....properties that only exist because of politics.

Expand your mind Jedi.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #19,173  
In 2013 there was a credit union actively soliciting Tesla buyers for auto loans. Applied 100% online, borrowed $70,000 at 1.49% for 72 months.

The AAPL stock I would have sold to pay cash nearly quadrupled during that time.
This is what I am trying to say, you see no issue with this, and I am not talking about paying 70k for a car 10 years ago.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #19,174  
Hey don't alter another's post when you 'quote' him! WAAA WA WAAA WA WAAA , DOES SOMEONE HAVE A TISSUE , FUN WAS MADE OF MY IMPORTANT OPINION !
Fixed your post with capital letters...

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #19,175  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #19,176  
Even better would be to just swap out the outlet with a 14-50R, if you’re comfortable doing it. $10
Chances are there’s a neutral wire in the box.

I agree if there is a neutral wire already present.

But find it hard to believe a contractor would pay copper prices for 4 when he is already getting away with a 6-50.

Best solution is to put a proper EVSE on the wall. No neutral required. No place to connect a neutral.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #19,178  
This could eat into the cost savings for operating a BEV in California. Texas already charges a $400 initial fee (2-year registration) and a $200 registration fee at renewal for an EV. Hybrids do not pay the fee.

California testing car tracking as possible gas tax replacement

https://www.txdmv.gov/sites/default...Electric_Vehicle_Registration_Fee_Release.pdf
Is $106 this year for hybrids in Alabama.
$206 for EV.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #19,179  
The EV haters are more intent on spreading misinformation. The find clickbait articles to try to prove that EV's are bad.
Don't understand the fixation with the hate.
Realized a long time ago that hate is an easy way to give semblance of meaning to an empty life. Seems to explain why they like to kill each other in the Middle East. Explains TDS. Pretty good theory that seems to explain a lot of things.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #19,180  
I don't consider myself a hater, but I think that a good part of the resentment is that we are all forced to help pay for EVs, whether we like it or not.
How about being forced to pay for farm price controls?
Or "higher education" for worthless diplomas?

The problem is Little Men will migrate to government to use government power to become Big Men they never could have been without the bully power of government.

EV matters not, it is just Today's Popular Thing these Little Men have lathed on to to make their names in history.

The solution is to gut the government. Little things like EV tax credits are nothing.

When elected Dictator For Life I promise to wreck the housing market in Washington DC. Housing will be worthless because there will be no jobs. At least none in government.

Between the tax credits, carbon credits, and talk of future outright mandates, it seems like it's being shoved down our throats.
We are supposedly a free society. Vote for candidates who will limit the size of government.

If it was simply a matter of everyone buying the car of their choice, then most people wouldn't care.
It never was. People complained about having to buy emission controlled automobiles. In 1980s they were really really bad.