Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #19,292  
I think the airline industry has gotten one or two government checks over the years.

I’ve learned people generally think what ever break:assistance they get is good but anyone else getting one is a moocher.

At least EV owners that get incentives pay taxes. It’s not like we are fence jumpers or Rio Grande swimmer.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #19,293  

Wow Tesla alone added over 1200 new chargers Year over Year 2022-2023

"Q1 2023 Update Letter, Tesla’s Supercharger stations saw a 33% growth year-over-year, from an already impressive 3,724 stations in Q1 2022 to 4,947 in Q1 2023. Considering that the number of Supercharger stations in the fourth quarter of 2022 was listed at 4,678, Tesla appears to have set up 269 new stations in the first three months of 2023"

Kind of puts in perspective compared with the US Government

2024 Tesla
. "And with approximately one new stall opening every hour, we’re just getting started"

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #19,295  
If the #1 thing you have a problem with in this government as far as spending is concerned is ev rebate checks, i think you missed a few memo's.
There is no Federal "rebate check". Perhaps there is in Kalifornia.

For the Federal tax credit one must owe that much in taxes, then the government credits that year of taxes as having paid up to $7500. If you only owed $2500 in Federal income tax then that is all the credit you get. No rollover to future years.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #19,297  
I keep seeing this argument in this thread, and I find it bizarre. Wasteful spending in one area doesn't justify wasteful spending in another area.
Sure it does. If you are not opposed to all wasteful spending then you are not morally justified in complaining about one small wasteful item.

Just for starters the Federal Government needs to be knocked down to 25% or less of it's current size.

Musk fired 90% of Twitter's staff. Twitter/X seems to be running just fine.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #19,298  

This Chevy EV seems to be on par with F-150 Lighting and Cybertruck.

I hear some whining about the $7500 EV incentive. Around here taxpayer supported farmers are buying $100K pick-ups in part for the write-off of tax payer supported income. Every tax incentive, rebate, etc is designed to benefit society one way or another.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #19,299  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #19,300  

Top 10 most american-made vehicles.