Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #4,391  
As for those McMansions that are chilly, I'll bet they all have 2.5 story high open vault ceilings and plenty of glass in the entry lobby or living room. WTH did they expect?
For many years I've said the best house is an underground house. On a South facing hillside so the front entry door with glass around it. "Light tunnels" for underground rooms. Underground it's about 56°F, you could easily raise it to 72°...it wouldn't take much. Summer, free AC.
Never any shingles or insulation. No painting, gutters, siding.
The 'downside' is it wouldn't impress anyone, no curb appeal.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #4,392  
New EVs for 2023.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #4,393  
There were a couple thousand car & truck manufacturers in the USA, even Lynchburg Va. had one, the Piedmont. Sears had one, Allstate. In my lifetime I've seen a few really good car manufacturers go belly up. Is it so hard to believe that could happen to Tesla?
People could get pixxed just like Dominik Nati realizing they're not practical for them.
All it would take would be for us to start pumping oil, fuel prices drop as electric rates increase and EVs lose appeal.
It could happen.
"Today's new and improved is tomorrow's junk" I've always said and it happens over and over.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #4,394  
Some of us associate Tesla with mainly cars. Not so much in Elon's mind.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #4,395  
So long as it stays above zero. O bet a lot of EV owners will go back to ICE powered cars. Never be one in this driveway.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #4,396  
Glad I'm not the only one who just endured that winter storm with temperatures below zero, wind chills below minus 30, crippling wind, roads that were solid ice, and utility companies who were doing "rolling black-outs" because they couldn't meet energy demand. I was already anti-EV but this storm made me realize that if 80% of our vehicles were EVs we'd be SCREWED.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #4,397  
This storm just reinforced my opinion that battery based vehicles are not ready for 'Prime Time' without a lot more refining. I'm sure there are lot of very 'unhappy campers' out there today that are stuck with expensive rocks.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #4,398  
For many years I've said the best house is an underground house. On a South facing hillside so the front entry door with glass around it. "Light tunnels" for underground rooms. Underground it's about 56°F, you could easily raise it to 72°...it wouldn't take much. Summer, free AC.
Never any shingles or insulation. No painting, gutters, siding.
The 'downside' is it wouldn't impress anyone, no curb appeal.
There are a few in my County. A LOT of earth contact. I feel closed in when in them. Dark and artificially lit. For me, I'll pay the heating /cooling costs to have a view and natural light.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #4,400  
Its dead wood from my property. i either cut it for fire wood, or haul it off property. Either way, it has to go. I figure i either pay for gym membership or split wood. I give it a wash.
'