Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #4,413  
I see what your doing there. The ole reverse psychology trick, you're hope people are going to be showering you with EVs. Not falling for it, you have to buy your own.
Although Daryl is a bit blunt in his statements, I understand where he's coming from.

I have no desire to own an EV. I don't appreciate the way our government is cramming them down our throat, take it or leave it. Especially since we all know our current electrical grid won't provide reliable recharge resources. Throw in the restrictions of their abilities and I'm out.

I don't see the current EVs as having a desirable carbon footprint at all. Actually, I see them as the opposite. But then I feel the same way about tax supported wind energy.

Any alternative that requires tax support, I am opposed to.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #4,414  
No one in the USA is forced to buy an EV today nor is anyone forced to make make false or misleading statements about EVs.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #4,416  
There were a couple thousand car & truck manufacturers in the USA, even Lynchburg Va. had one, the Piedmont. Sears had one, Allstate. In my lifetime I've seen a few really good car manufacturers go belly up. Is it so hard to believe that could happen to Tesla?
People could get pixxed just like Dominik Nati realizing they're not practical for them.
All it would take would be for us to start pumping oil, fuel prices drop as electric rates increase and EVs lose appeal.
It could happen.
"Today's new and improved is tomorrow's junk" I've always said and it happens over and over.
Who's 'us'?

I ask this often. People seem to think the U.S. pumps oil. While oil is pumped in the U.S., the U.S. doesn't pump any oil. It's all private companies. Record profits in the oil industry by them NOT pumping oil seems to be lost on many.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #4,417  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #4,418  
No one in the USA is forced to buy an EV today nor is anyone forced to make make false or misleading statements about EVs.
ALL one has to do is watch the many YT video's of the failing to charge EV's in various areas of the country to understand they aren't ready for prime time. No misleading statements, just fact and if you cannot digest that, you have blinders on. Besides, the grid has issues as well.,

Take the blinders off and face realty

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #4,419  
There are a few in my County. A LOT of earth contact. I feel closed in when in them. Dark and artificially lit. For me, I'll pay the heating /cooling costs to have a view and natural light.
I recall earthen covered/buried/walkout houses gaining popularity in the 70s. My father was an architect and would point them out to us often. He'd rattle off all the benefits of living in one, and any south facing hillside with a nice view was a prime candidate. The main concerns were the sides that don't have daylight, and fire escape egress. Other than that, it could be done very nicely, was always quiet, easy to heat and cool, etc. You didn't have to bury it completely, either. You could have two sides exposed. Or an earthen berm up a few feet. Anything to save exposed walls to the elements. Stuff like that.

He also mentioned "Your mother is claustrophobic and would never live in one." Which was true.