Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #8,601  
Ford and GM are legacy OEMs. No predictions! Should Ford and GM run out of water and gas in the valley of death most of us will be in favor of bailing them out.
"Will move to the USA by mid-decade perhaps" sure seems like a prediction with an open-ended timeline. I guess I need to work on my reading comprehension.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #8,602  
"Will move to the USA by mid-decade perhaps" sure seems like a prediction with an open-ended timeline. I guess I need to work on my reading comprehension.
If you think it'd be more like 2030 instead of the 2025 I can't really debate that. All we've got to do is watch the valley of death as it occurs and it'll all become clearer to all viewers. Currently I have a bush hog that is not spinning and I've got to go make that happen with diesel.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #8,603  
A question was asked about Tesla data gathering that I forget about due to high levels of white and dark noise. :)

Driving over 10 MPH without seatbelt usage is communicated to Tesla.

I may have set that one off a few times getting the mail and I never belt up driving the rest of the drive way. It does display and chime.
Data share isn’t just about EVs. That’s just a new fancy vehicle thing. My Ram and wife’s LX both communicate with the mothership.

ANY GM with On Star allows vehicle tracking and shut down.

With those concessions how much difference does it really make by buying a Tesla.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #8,604  

China's population is aging faster than almost all other countries in modern history.[1][2] In 2050, the proportion of Chinese over retirement age will become 39 percent of the total population according to projections. China is rapidly aging at an earlier stage of its development than other countries. Current demographic trends could hinder economic growth and create challenging social issues in China.[1]

China may end up with problems of their own. On the other hand, they may become desperate seeing the handwriting on the wall.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #8,605  
... Who in the USA that is driving 15-20K miles annually has Zero interest in getting a $25K Tesla, etc some day?
Me. ;) I don't want an econobox, ICE or EV. And let's face it... for $25K it (and any other $25K car) is going to have copious amounts of rich corinthian plastic.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #8,607  

I hope this is out by late summer cuz I have some road trips coming up.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #8,608  
Winnebago eRV2

It has solar panels on the roof up to 900 watts.

Based on Modified Ford Transit Like real estate " location location location"

Range, Range, Range,

100-120 miles are they kidding?

Still, it is a New prototype Electric Recreational Vehicle

Never thought of this reason for getting a Tesla But :)

Must be a Big city thing. Now had they put a Lamborghini in one profile and a Tesla in the other.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #8,609  
Ford unveils new Lincoln Nautilus to be imported from China

When Ford gets the Canadian factory retooled for EVs Moss this may be an EV for you in top trim 4-5 years down the road.
I had no idea top trim was $80K. I can't seeing the planned EV version being much cheaper.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #8,610  
Who wants the stupid thing?