Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #8,621  
Could also be voltage difference. Voltage + Amp = Power (watt). Motors could be more efficient as well.
[/QUOTE]

I Think Tesla has again consolidated their Vertical Integration and reduced their motor and Inverter driver boards to further reduce build cost.

They are now shipping the New model Ys with the same motor for the Long Range and Performance in some cases.
It is called the 4D1 and has No Rare earth materials in it.

I received One of the last few Rare earth High output motors for the rear drive. It is Possible Gale did as well but the HP and Torque output are fully digitally controlled by software at this point. They were putting in a set of extra MOSFET transistors for the performance versions earlier as well.
Now they have reduced the parts count again on what they have to stock. Even the range can be improved on the Performance Y by putting the car in Chill mode to reduce power output and economize those battery KWH's.
What Tesla has done is just smart business doing the above. They can match the older MY performance and make some extra money while only changing the tires and wheels and one rear badge and a set of front brake calipers. Really the same thing JD did on some of their CUT tractors with the same cubic inch engine - just a Tune difference and a "few" grand in profit.

Tesla reminds me of Ford and it's tractors.
Ford would make running changes and not just rely on a definite model year to improve the product.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #8,622  
If...IF EVs are being mandated, i.e. the elimination of "infernal" combustion engines to lower CO2...for the environment...why oh why does anyone care or talk about speed?
That's counter-intuitive. The EV with less power would draw less current, less tax on the grid, faster charging time and longer range. I just don't understand.
There's always someone willing to take an argument to the point of absurdity. I have always and will always buy high-performance cars, nearly always the highest-horsepower variant of a given platform. If someone can do the same with less harm to the environment, I don't see why you or anyone else should call them a hypocrite for doing it.

Yes, slow EV's would use even less resources. But that would take the entire concept off the table for an even larger fraction of the population, than those already bashing them for purely ideological reasons. Why not have your cake, and eat it too?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #8,623  
All I know is we're told ice vehicles will be phased out. The reason is pollution. Electric takes their place. Nothing to do with hp, cake, or hypocrisy. It has everything to do with lowering CO2 and Earth's temperature and pollution. So we're given wrong information? The ice ceasing production mandate is wrong? Something doesn't make sense!?!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #8,624  
All I know is we're told ice vehicles will be phased out. The reason is pollution. Electric takes their place. Nothing to do with hp, cake, or hypocrisy. It has everything to do with lowering CO2 and Earth's temperature and pollution. So we're given wrong information? The ice ceasing production mandate is wrong? Something doesn't make sense!?!
Who specifically is telling you ice vehicles will be phased out and when. Give the US statues to support your beliefs.

List the science supporting pollution is the overwhelming reason EVs are replacing ice vehicles. Anyone with muscle car background and experience knows the move has something to do with horsepower.

Global cooling and global warming has been going on for eons taking eon to mean 58,000 years, between past ice ages, there is physical evidence that societies exist on Earth that were much more advanced than ours is today.

Consider stopping be jerked around by people with personal agendas and do your search of the science and laws on the books. If a poor farm boy who grew up in a tobacco patch staring at the exit of an old mule can grasp this EV Thang most any motivated person can do the same.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #8,625  
Breakdown of Tesla's Q1 results by an analyst that I find trustworthy.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #8,626  
Who specifically is telling you ice vehicles will be phased out and when. Give the US statues to support your beliefs.

List the science supporting pollution is the overwhelming reason EVs are replacing ice vehicles. Anyone with muscle car background and experience knows the move has something to do with horsepower.

Global cooling and global warming has been going on for eons taking eon to mean 58,000 years, between past ice ages, there is physical evidence that societies exist on Earth that were much more advanced than ours is today.

Consider stopping be jerked around by people with personal agendas and do your search of the science and laws on the books. If a poor farm boy who grew up in a tobacco patch staring at the exit of an old mule can grasp this EV Thang most any motivated person can do the same.

Gale...where have you been?
"Today, nearly a quarter of Americans live in a state where sales of internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicles are set to be phased out.
If you’re no stranger to the auto industry, you likely know that California’s strict emissions standards have shaped fuel economy standards and electrification plans for a few decades. In August of 2022, California announced that it will phase out gasoline-powered cars by 2035 to reduce demand for fossil fuels responsible for human health hazards and climate-warming emissions. Governor Gavin Newsom said the transportation sector is “responsible for more than half of all of California’s carbon pollution, 80 percent of smog-forming pollution, and 95 percent of toxic diesel emissions.” There are more states to follow California's lead"
"WASHINGTON/DETROIT, Dec 8 (Reuters) - The U.S. government plans to end purchases of gas-powered vehicles by 2035 in a move to lower emissions and promote electric cars under an executive order signed by President Joe ***** on Wednesday.
The government owns more than 650,000 vehicles and purchases about 50,000 annually. *****'s executive order said that light-duty vehicles acquired by the government will be emission-free by 2027."
"All of the planned bans are in coastal states: In addition to California and Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon and Washington have made the commitment to stop allowing sales of new gas-powered vehicles after 2035."
*all various sources...simply search "ban of ice vehicles".
"If a poor farm boy who grew up in a tobacco patch staring at the exit of an old mule can grasp this EV Thang"...apparently you stared at the exit then your head went in!
I'm sorry...the devil made me do it!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #8,627  
Won't let me say name of our prez...*****= b I d e n

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #8,628  

Gale...where have you been?
"Today, nearly a quarter of Americans live in a state where sales of internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicles are set to be phased out.
If you’re no stranger to the auto industry, you likely know that California’s strict emissions standards have shaped fuel economy standards and electrification plans for a few decades. In August of 2022, California announced that it will phase out gasoline-powered cars by 2035 to reduce demand for fossil fuels responsible for human health hazards and climate-warming emissions. Governor Gavin Newsom said the transportation sector is “responsible for more than half of all of California’s carbon pollution, 80 percent of smog-forming pollution, and 95 percent of toxic diesel emissions.” There are more states to follow California's lead"
"WASHINGTON/DETROIT, Dec 8 (Reuters) - The U.S. government plans to end purchases of gas-powered vehicles by 2035 in a move to lower emissions and promote electric cars under an executive order signed by President Joe ***** on Wednesday.
The government owns more than 650,000 vehicles and purchases about 50,000 annually. *****'s executive order said that light-duty vehicles acquired by the government will be emission-free by 2027."
"All of the planned bans are in coastal states: In addition to California and Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon and Washington have made the commitment to stop allowing sales of new gas-powered vehicles after 2035."
*all various sources...simply search "ban of ice vehicles".
"If a poor farm boy who grew up in a tobacco patch staring at the exit of an old mule can grasp this EV Thang"...apparently you stared at the exit then your head went in!
I'm sorry...the devil made me do it!
Consider not letting yourself be sucked in by these groups with deceiving information. If you live in the USA we have laws and federal laws overtrumps state laws. When it comes to Interstate transportation. You're letting people manipulate you and get you all worked over a nothing berger. Read the article about people trying to ban gas stoves above and see what the US federal courts did.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #8,629  
I don't really care as I won't be around than anyway and you might not either the way things are going with China and Russia. Someone is going to push the button and start the 30 second war...