Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #8,631  

This guy is commenting on Musk's comments about the economy in these times. After the new $3000 price cut yesterday the 2023 Tesla Model Y dual motor long range is only $42,240.00 if one qualifies for the $7500 income tax rebate. That's less than my barber paid for her 2023 Subaru Forester Wilderness Edition. That's 5 grand less than the average new car price in the USA.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #8,633  
All I know is we're told ice vehicles will be phased out. The reason is pollution. Electric takes their place. Nothing to do with hp, cake, or hypocrisy. It has everything to do with lowering CO2 and Earth's temperature and pollution. So we're given wrong information? The ice ceasing production mandate is wrong? Something doesn't make sense!?!
If you've missed every post on the horsepower and performance advantages of EV's on this thread, as well as everywhere else it's been discussed, you must be extremely selective in your reading and watching, Fuddy. You've not heard of the new 2024 Dodge BEV Hellcat models? Never seen a Tesla P100D blowing away ICE's at the 1/8 mile strip? Not once? You must have your head in a hole!

You sound like you're talking about "they", but I've never met "them". Precisely who told you BEV's had to be lame, in order to lower CO2?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #8,634  
It looks like Tesla stock price is taking a hit after reporting earnings, but all auto stocks are off. I agree with Elon when he says the economy is trouble this year. Did anyone watch his interview with Tucker Carlson?

Tesla reported net income of $2.51 billion in the first quarter of 2023, down 24% from the prior year, and GAAP earnings of 73 cents, down 23% from the year before.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #8,635  
Musk says that FSD will save the company...too bad as smart as he is....he can't see the writing on the wall...!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #8,636  
Musk says that FSD will save the company...too bad as smart as he is....he can't see the writing on the wall...!
Full Self-Driving? I don't think the company needs saving, they seem to be profitable thanks in part to carbon credits early on. More power to him, he took advantage of the system. Like I said, I think he's right about an economic downturn though. Banks are in trouble, homeowners are going to be in trouble along with the housing industry, there will be a ripple effect.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #8,637  
Full Self-Driving? I don't think the company needs saving, they seem to be profitable thanks in part to carbon credits early on. More power to him, he took advantage of the system. Like I said, I think he's right about an economic downturn though. Banks are in trouble, homeowners are going to be in trouble along with the housing industry, there will be a ripple effect.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #8,638  
Ford announced that F150 Lightning is official at sale in Norway, going to be interesting to see how long the wait list will be.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #8,639