Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,261  
Sorry you missed the sarcasm of an exclamation point rather than a more obvious emoji.
I'm old school. An exclamation point drives a point home as in "truth" in my eyes. An emoji can mean a multitude of things. :)

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,262  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,263  
Private pickup trucks, large Cadillacs, Lincolns, etc, are heavy and cheap to insure. My 8200 pound F-250 was about the same as the Prius but cost 2x the Prius and was newer.
That might be based on the fact that the 250 will win most conflicts. The Prius will almost never win.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,264  
Or that the big vehicles "might" be repairable whereas most "cars" are total loss as soon as the airbags deploy.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,265  
Or that the big vehicles "might" be repairable whereas most "cars" are total loss as soon as the airbags deploy.
Bam!!! :)

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,266  
wreck

Attachments

• squirrel_wreck.jpg
    squirrel_wreck.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 47
  • squirrel_wreck.jpg
    squirrel_wreck.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 43
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,267  
I guess I don't fully understand. You are holding a hot pink mirror in one hand while you drive? By moving the mirror this allows you to see peripheral objects?

Let's not go down the road of the Tesla compensating for your physical limitations. Kinda like back up cameras. Great idea but situational awareness is still needed.

I guess I don't fully understand the full self-driving module either? You program the vehicle as to your destination and it gets you there safely?

Thanks for your patience to my ignorance. :)
1. While hot pink is eye catching often the blue and black ones are sold before I get to DG. Some professionals using hand held mirror.

2. Situational awareness is the hallmarks of Full Self Driving and how why FSD can become safer than humans day in an day out. Some drivers age 50+ regularly have mini strokes and never know it. Backup Cameras are not like full self-driving that's just a data gathering device.

3 Full self-driving is the computer taking hundreds and hundreds of data inputs and making the driving decision and because it has 360 vision and you and I do not have. That gives the full self-driving a leg up and just many things like it because it is fully aware or what is going on. It knows if there's potential ice on the road or not and these kind of things.

Making FSD work is very hard and that's why Tesla has been working on it so long and I would guess they're 95% there and already charge $15,000 for the software package. The hardware package comes on every Tesla that rolls out the door.

With Tesla one can lease the software for I believe like $200 a month when you need it or want it or full-time. Take for example when I'm going to be on the road for a week and driving 3,000 mi and making multiple stops that would be expensive to get hotels food I need to go along with me so self-driving software becomes almost free if you use it enough.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,268  
Wow. Price cuts and tax credit are pretty nuts…

Does the wife need a Y??

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,269  
None of my Impalas do that. Just a quick bump of the button and it goes off and stays off until you turn the car off.
The TC turns off. If you hold it down for 30 seconds though, you will see that it also turns the stablitrac off. The latter is what really stops you when you need the power.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,270  
That might be based on the fact that the 250 will win most conflicts. The Prius will almost never win.
But that is the argument for all heavy vehicles. Then why does it not work for EVs?

Prius comes out pretty good in collisions.

The unproven/undocumented premise claimed EVs are heavier than comparable ICE therefore will cause more damage and therefore the basement armchair insurance expert says will pay higher insurance premiums.

The inconvenient truth is personal injuries are the greatest expense in insurance claims and heavier vehicles have fewer. Stronger vehicles even fewer, witness a Tesla Model S’s recent 250’ dive off a cliff.