Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,661  
Subaru question: what's the oldest/cheapest Subaru with the modern driver assist features and limited slip (or the similar-effect selective braking)?

It's about time to think about replacing my elderly '99 Outback. I need something suitable for offroad camping. This antique runs and looks great but I just got an estimate of $2k to replace the timing belt, tensioners, water pump, etc recommended service for everything inside the timing cover. - Uh no. (It's more than a decade beyond the recommended mainternance interval, we're at the drive it till the wheels fall off stage, now). Plus while 'all' these DOHC 2.5L's needed the head gaskets replaced, mine are original. This can't go on forever. Time to think of what will replace it.
Go for 2018+ if possible.but some features started earlier.

I got our 2010 at 105K miles from a guy that worked on Subarus. He had serviced the car for a few years and his customer was trading up but sold him the car to flip. He did the full PM plus the head gaskets right before we bought it. My initial plan was to buy a near or new like one after I found out if I like Subaru's or not but wound up in 2019 buying the Leaf..

I'm very thankful we have the Tesla because if this financial news all over the internet and television had to happen before I got the Tesla I'm out it would have held off but I do use the self-stared feature daily and hopefully the city and small roads will be better in the new release of the FSD.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,662  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,663  
I know my 1983 Subaru GL 2wd did not have any of those features, but was a great car.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,664  
Subaru question: what's the oldest/cheapest Subaru with the modern driver assist features and limited slip (or the similar-effect selective braking)?

It's about time to think about replacing my elderly '99 Outback. I need something suitable for offroad camping. This antique runs and looks great but I just got an estimate of $2k to replace the timing belt, tensioners, water pump, etc recommended service for everything inside the timing cover. - Uh no. (It's more than a decade beyond the recommended mainternance interval, we're at the drive it till the wheels fall off stage, now). Plus while 'all' these DOHC 2.5L's needed the head gaskets replaced, mine are original. This can't go on forever. Time to think of what will replace it.
That seems very high. Do you happen to know parts and labor break-down? My mechanic changed my timing belt on my Hyundai Accent for about 1/2 the cost the dealer quoted.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,665  
Using keywords x-mode and adaptive cruise on CarSoup and Cars..com it looks like 2015 is the earliest

1678809571755.png

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,666  
It's good to common cents is prevailing in more accounting offices. Business decisions often boils down to Dollar and Cents.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,667  
Found out something last night about wife's Subaru. When you put it in reverse, the right rearview mirror automatically tilts down so you can see the lower corner of the car. Put it in drive, and it goes back to side view.

The pouch in the glovebox with all the manuals is an honest 2.5-3" thick!
Both mirrors should tilt down when placed in reverse.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,668  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,669  
I went and picked up my sister from Packwood yesterday and drove her and her Tesla back to our house.

Something unusual i noticed. I turned into my drive from uphill side, kind of sharp turn and a drop off maybe 15ft on the downhill side, so anyway, as i turned in, the car slipped a little, and STOP popped up on the screen a few time and i felt the brakes quickly come on and off, a few times in quick succession.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,670  
It's good to common cents is prevailing in more accounting offices. Business decisions often boils down to Dollar and Cents.

Will Tesla also have spelling and grammar "AI" for senior drivers ;) I think you meant " It's good common sense is prevailing in more accounting offices" .