Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #9,021  

Never thought of it that way. When Tesla's annual build rate hits 2,000,000 soon a thought that shaves fifty cents off the cost of each car that's a million dollar idea.
Now you know why car companies use plastic license plate bolts. ;)

Or why Walmart only makes a few pennies on each can of soup.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #9,022  
Now you know why car companies use plastic license plate bolts. ;)

Or why Walmart only makes a few pennies on each can of soup.
I think it was the CEO at Ford that said they can do a good job of cutting out the fluff or wasteful spending but that it comes right back because the culture was not changed. I don't think some people understand the business principal or reality is if you can double your output you can reduce your cost by 15%. So by Musk getting to 3 million units a year that is going to add back to the bottom line but there are a few people fighting him on that one but none of them are employing 120,000 people and paying the amount of taxes that he and his employees pay to the federal government and state governments.

It is his sticking to first principles that has enabled him to sell a Tesla Model Y long range dual motor more in the price range of some of these plug-in hybrids being sold.

Time will praise or destroy Musk. I think most people do not understand the difference between building a company and making money at the same time.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #9,023  
More pro hydrogen transportation news.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #9,024  
I think it was the CEO at Ford that said they can do a good job of cutting out the fluff or wasteful spending but that it comes right back because the culture was not changed. I don't think some people understand the business principal or reality is if you can double your output you can reduce your cost by 15%. So by Musk getting to 3 million units a year that is going to add back to the bottom line but there are a few people fighting him on that one but none of them are employing 120,000 people and paying the amount of taxes that he and his employees pay to the federal government and state governments.

It is his sticking to first principles that has enabled him to sell a Tesla Model Y long range dual motor more in the price range of some of these plug-in hybrids being sold.

Time will praise or destroy Musk. I think most people do not understand the difference between building a company and making money at the same time.

I agree to a point.

Lately I have read a horror story or two about Tesla purchases Gone wrong and by wrong I DO mean Nightmare Wrong.

Early Tesla supporter on his new number 4 Tesla a model X and well the timeline speaks for itself.

Car is now in a Lemon buyback scenario and lawyers had to be retained as well.

I Feel Really Lucky my car and yours seem to be really Good builds with no problems.

Have to say I feel for this guy and if Tesla does not improve their service center quality at the problem centers they will do major damage long term to the brand.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #9,025  

Leasing gets around IRA limits on EV rebates due to origin of battery materials.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #9,026  
I agree to a point.

Lately I have read a horror story or two about Tesla purchases Gone wrong and by wrong I DO mean Nightmare Wrong.

Early Tesla supporter on his new number 4 Tesla a model X and well the timeline speaks for itself.

Car is now in a Lemon buyback scenario and lawyers had to be retained as well.

I Feel Really Lucky my car and yours seem to be really Good builds with no problems.

Have to say I feel for this guy and if Tesla does not improve their service center quality at the problem centers they will do major damage long term to the brand.

WOW! I read his entire story. Yikes!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #9,028  
I read the part where he said he was still going to buy another one after this was sorted out.... then his camel back finally broke. I'd be on medication or in jail with that situation. 😬

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #9,029  
317 watt/hours per mile is not bad if you have a 100,000 watt/hour battery. That is 315 miles of range. This is a pretty common number in today's longer range EVs.
So that number was watt-hours? At 60 mph, (a mile a minute) that's 5.29 watt-minutes. The numbers make no sense to me. I can't imagine pushing a vehicle down the highway on the wattage of a LED light bulb.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #9,030  
Tesla purchases Gone wrong and by wrong I DO mean Nightmare Wrong.
Zuckerberg's summary of Silicon Valley's "move fast and break things" mentality works better with software development than automobiles.