Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #10,451  
Electric power can be produced from many sources and in many places solar power can fuel cars, many poor countries have a shortage of dollars to purchase oil and fuels, much better to run EVs and use your foreign currencies on more important things.

I don't disagree, you do what you have to do to maximize your best advantage. The US is blessed with lots of oil and gas.

Most countries have the same blessing, they just lack outside investment to come in and extract these minerals. Often times government are too corrupt or put laws in effect to prohibit such investments. Most oil and gas companies have been burned too bad by trying to work with foreign governments to help them get these industries going.

See Venezuela. Shell lost their ass there.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #10,452  
unless you need to charge your EV at night..... Or how well does solar work during the winter in Northern Norway?
Quite irrelevant as we have plenty of both dirty and clean energy, but many poor countries are in areas where there is sun so that's an option even not perfect.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #10,453  
I believe we have the raw materials, we just refuse to take them out of the ground or ocean floor.

It can't be a believe thing. We don't have them or we would have moved heaven and hell to get them. There is no time like now to capitalize on the EV thing while it's a fad.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #10,454  
I don't disagree, you do what you have to do to maximize your best advantage. The US is blessed with lots of oil and gas.

Most countries have the same blessing, they just lack outside investment to come in and extract these minerals. Often times government are too corrupt or put laws in effect to prohibit such investments. Most oil and gas companies have been burned too bad by trying to work with foreign governments to help them get these industries going.

See Venezuela. Shell lost their ass there.
Sudden wealth is not easy to handle, spending it in a responsible way is hard, we have put a lot of the oil money into a investment fund and that works nicely.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #10,455  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #10,456  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #10,457  
Well, I googled too...

How Much Lithium Does The USA Have?​

The United States of America has plenty of natural resources. However, when it comes to lithium specifically, the US is not one of the top producers of lithium in the world. According to data from the United States Geological Survey, the United States has a total of 750,000 tons of lithium reserves.
This puts it far behind the top producers of lithium in the world. Despite this fact, the United States still has greater lithium reserves than a number of other countries. This includes the countries of Zimbabwe, Brazil, and Portugal, just to name a few.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #10,458  
Yes you did and according to the link provided the US has the 4th largest reserves of all countries. Only Bolivia, Argentina, and Chili have more. Kind of proves my point.
Well, I googled too...

How Much Lithium Does The USA Have?​

The United States of America has plenty of natural resources. However, when it comes to lithium specifically, the US is not one of the top producers of lithium in the world. According to data from the United States Geological Survey, the United States has a total of 750,000 tons of lithium reserves.
This puts it far behind the top producers of lithium in the world. Despite this fact, the United States still has greater lithium reserves than a number of other countries. This includes the countries of Zimbabwe, Brazil, and Portugal, just to name a few.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #10,459  
Yes you did and according to the link provided the US has the 4th largest reserves of all countries. Only Bolivia, Argentina, and Chili have more. Kind of proves my point.
The point also proves there is not enough lithium that is minable to support long term EV demand.

There will have to be other forms of battery composition if they want lasting market dominance.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #10,460  
The point also proves there is not enough lithium that is minable to support long term EV demand.

There will have to be other forms of battery composition if they want lasting market dominance.
According to my calculations the US has enough lithium carbonate reserves to produce over 15,000,000 EV batteries. One of the biggest problems is NIMBY. Recycling technology advancements will help and I don't see current (pun intended) lithium battery technology being the final solution anyway.

My calculations may be off, what do you think?