Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,521  
I have no horse in this race, but you ask a "why" and then answer with a "how".
The " why"was my point about goverments that want to stay in power and how the need to be a saviour of an issue. ..... Typical Politics .... We are the party that will save you from communism, or we are the party that will save you from global warming, or we are the party that will save you from the pandemic.......elect me . Now you also get world wide aspect of third world countries getting opportunity to get first world countries to owe them and reset the world order , but that's a more complex why to dig into.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,522  
I was just parked for a moment by a sidewalk and when I put it back in drive a ghost stepped off the sidewalk and walked in front of the car and vaporized as I pulled it in drive.
Can you get a pic or video with your phone?

If a Tesla is a good ghostbuster mobile that would make it a bad auto drive mobile. How can it be good at both?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,523  
Can you get a pic or video with your phone?

If a Tesla is a good ghostbuster mobile that would make it a bad auto drive mobile. How can it be good at both?
Having a hyper active imagination is a technical requirement per the movie..

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,525  
Oh, OK then, Thanks for the warning.
Yes that is just par for the course living in a universe with no defined absolutes but each one gets to define their own reality.

Just 20 years ago a thread about EVs or reusable rockets would have just been science fiction. Today both are leading edge tech giving the K-12 generations hope for better days through better ways.

Soon they be trying to detect us in the cemeteries with their flying cars. :)

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,526  
I was just parked for a moment by a sidewalk and when I put it back in drive a ghost stepped off the sidewalk and walked in front of the car and vaporized as I pulled it in drive.

Well you guys got me interested.

I waited till it was dark. Jumped in the Y and drove around the block to the small Cemetery. Drove slowly though and the only thing my car displayed was the fuzzy road side lines. It was freezing and the car was displaying the partially blocked cameras warning on and off as well.

I will give it a shot again in a day or two.
Maybe drive to the other end, and just park the car for a few minutes and see what materializes.
I will make sure to clean the camera lens/covers first next time.

Fuddy take a look at the pic and look to the right of the pole and down to the right, almost looks like a "face" just above ground level

Also the pic was taken when the turn signal was on and the right camera is displayed at that point.
there is what looks like a beam from the sky and what looks like a woman in a black dress. been a long day and pareidolia is getting the better of my imagination.

Attachments

• PXL_20231127_021304240_exported_27207~2.jpg
    PXL_20231127_021304240_exported_27207~2.jpg
    454 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,527  
What do you have against ghosts? You want him to just run right over them?!? :p

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,529  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,530  
I was surprised to see only two vehicles in the charging station at Buckees in Bastrop Tx on Thanksgiving day. Either people don’t want to mess with charge times or they take their ICE vehicle on long holiday road trips. With gasoline easily found under $2.50 a gallon in Texas this week the financial incentive for EV is diminished.
I stopped at a Bucc-ees in Royse City, Tx this past Saturday in my Tesla. I was the 5th Tesla using one of the 8 Superchargers. When I came out of Bucc-ees I was the only one left. I have yet to see full bank of Superchargers (at least 8) but I'm not worried. Typically most Tesla's charge for 20 minutes and then leave. You will typically see people in their Tesla while it's charging.

The interesting characteristic of gas prices is it's ability to increase dramatically. I didn't buy my Tesla soley for the gas savings. I needed a new car and the ability to charge at my house with the flexibility of driving long distances made it appealing.