Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,661  
That's hilarious eh.....that's like advertising a Refrigerator for $29 , because it will save you $700 a year of food that would otherwise go bad.
Good analogy. It’s clearly deceptive, false advertising. Saying the price starts at $29k, is a lie because of the “fuel savings “, but also because, the tax credit is only a possible tax credit on next year’s taxes. To buy the car , you still have to have the money to pony up the full price or take out a loan for the full price.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,662  
Good analogy. It’s clearly deceptive, false advertising. Saying the price starts at $29k, is a lie because of the “fuel savings “, but also because, the tax credit is only a possible tax credit on next year’s taxes. To buy the car , you still have to have the money to pony up the full price or take out a loan for the full price.
Also tax credit is a "window", i.e., one must pay that or more in taxes up to an AGI limit.
Over that limit there isn't a federal or state tax credit!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,664  
That's hilarious eh.....that's like advertising a Refrigerator for $29 , because it will save you $700 a year of food that would otherwise go bad.
1713665704057.png

😁

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,668  
View attachment 863487

Uh oh! What now EV haters?
I am not a hater, I actually rode in several Tesla models recently in Las Vegas. They are popular with the Uber and Lyft drivers there.

Tesla announces price cut for certain models

Elon Musk's Tesla slashed the U.S. prices of its Model Y, Model X and Model S vehicles by $2,000 each on Friday after first-quarter deliveries came up short of expectations. A preemptive move to bolster stock prices prior to Tuesday's release of 1st quarter earnings, which may not be great since sales figures missed expectations. There is some speculation by analysts that reducing costs by layoffs, reducing prices to sell vehicles sitting in inventory to increase sales and revenue, and wanting his stock option compensation package now worth $40 billion reinstated quickly may point to Tesla being positioned to be sold.

The excitement has worn off and Tesla is now just a car manufacturer, or tech company if you prefer, having to compete in the EV market where it once pretty much had a monopoly. Elon doesn't do boring routine businesses. He will take his money and move on to his next exciting project, such as AI.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,669  
ZX Spectrum - Wikipedia

This is the first computer I ever owned and mine was from UK directly in the summer of 1982 .

Year or two later I had the TI 99 a.

My first functional computer was a 1991 gateway 486 sx25 which I still own but have no idea if it will boot. I'm sure the CMOS battery is dead.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,670  
Your kidding right ??? A rogue employee did all 4000 trucks wrong , he must of been on all three shifts ;) .... maybe it was same rogue that stuffed all snow in the Tesla chargers in Chicago past winter Grumpy claimed ......always an excuse.......or maybe a " tech company" like Tesla has difficulty doing truck assembly.......reports of quality control and panel fitment isn't that good. Let's just be honest, they made a mistake and they will fix it. They are fortunate sales of those ugly " trucks" were not as good as prelim exaggerations, so only 4000 to fix.

I have no interest in owning a Cybertruck,
There is no way to know which ones were installed with soap versus not.
The design sounds like it had a bit to be desired as well as far as retaining the cover piece.

It would just be guessing by looking at them because it cannot be seen.

If I did have one of these recalled trucks I would just rip the stupid cover piece off and call it good. But,

The only safe thing Tesla can do is recall All of them. Reports are that they are adding a rivet or are replacing all of them with a different unit which also has a rivet.

Since Tesla designs in safety software, if the brake is actuated while the accelerator is pushed it cuts power output.

For a "panicky" type of person that does not know enough to press the brake in a stuck accelerator situation... well then it is a bad day.

No accidents have been reported.