Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,702  
Question........ I can pay for gas with cash, credit card, (or possibly an app?). I always use cash. What methods are available to pay for a charge at a public charger? I know of people that don't have credit cards due to bad credit ratings or other reasons. An app would require a person to have a bank account or similar to pull funds from. I'm guessing a fair amount of the population may not have a bank account for one reason or another. Home or apartment charging isn't going to viable for everyone and many struggle to pay a monthly electric bill, but usually can scrape up some cash to buy gas.
Credit card skimmers are difficult to notice in places with high traffic. A card reader at a remotely located EV charger would seem to be an easy place for a skimmer to be planted.
What payment method will work for the an entire population of EV owners?
app / cc / RFID tag linked to an account

around my parts most public stations you pay through an app. used by the charge station owner.
When you sign up in the app you specify how you will pay most likely through a cc. Could also pre-pay by depositing funds into your app account or debit a bank account.

Also most take credit cards directly or an RFID dongle you prepay/register with the company who owns the chargers you want to us.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,703  
I can’t believe I watched the whole thing.
Seems like just yesterday everyone was saying China only makes junk.
How fast things change
I started skipping around, then i went back and watched the whole thing. I was shocked, I loved that info.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,705  
Sure.

They deliver the fuel for competitive prices. Is all accumulated in the final sale price. So whatever difficulties are involved, they are overcome and accounted for.

However, you are avoiding the original point. Claimed BP was going to power EV charging sites with mean old evil diesel. I counted with proof "it ain't as bad as your imagination wishes." Then you deflected.

Quite frankly I don't care where my electricity comes from.

I can get electricity from diesel. You can't power your gasoline ICE from diesel.

I can get electricity from the sun. You can't power your ICE from the sun.

I can get electricity from coal. Attempts to make gasoline from coal have been economic disasters.

I can get electricity from oil. How about that, you too can get gasoline from oil!

I can get electricity from the local nuclear power plant. You can not power your ICE from nuclear.

I can get electricity from hydroelectric plants. You can not power your ICE from water running down hill.

That explains a great deal about you, and really tells us why you have the views you do.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,706  
I can’t believe I watched the whole thing.
Seems like just yesterday everyone was saying China only makes junk.
How fast things change
China makes products to the request of the purchaser.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,708  
Question........ I can pay for gas with cash, credit card, (or possibly an app?). I always use cash. What methods are available to pay for a charge at a public charger? I know of people that don't have credit cards due to bad credit ratings or other reasons. An app would require a person to have a bank account or similar to pull funds from. I'm guessing a fair amount of the population may not have a bank account for one reason or another. Home or apartment charging isn't going to viable for everyone and many struggle to pay a monthly electric bill, but usually can scrape up some cash to buy gas.
Credit card skimmers are difficult to notice in places with high traffic. A card reader at a remotely located EV charger would seem to be an easy place for a skimmer to be planted.
What payment method will work for the an entire population of EV owners?
Most of the "networks" sell memberships which include a discount. One can prepay or link credit card or checking account.

Tesla wants a credit card, or so I understand. I've never paid to use a Supercharger. The transaction is validated by the vehicle itself, the Supercharger recognizes your vehicle and looks up your account. The particulars appear on the in-vehicle display. Including whether or not they need a credit card.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,709  
My son and I made it to the Nashville Tesla service center (located in Franklin area) this morning. The check-in went smooth and so far so good. They had a nice new location. Thankfully it was cool enough that the backup camera worked and we had all our navigation resources. We should have more details noonish.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,710  
Most of the "networks" sell memberships which include a discount. One can prepay or link credit card or checking account.

Tesla wants a credit card, or so I understand. I've never paid to use a Supercharger. The transaction is validated by the vehicle itself, the Supercharger recognizes your vehicle and looks up your account. The particulars appear on the in-vehicle display. Including whether or not they need a credit card.
If you fall into one of these categories linked below what alternative is there to purchasing at an EV charger? Can one 'prepay' with cash (like TracFone minutes can be bought at Walmart or other locations).