Battery Help

/ Battery Help #11  
AGM means Absorbed Glass Matt think a thin sheet of lead with a layer of fiberglass laying on top of it. Then roll it up. That’s one glass mat cell.

In AGM batteries (also called starved electrolyte), there is a thin ultra-fine fiberglass mat sandwiched between the plates that are saturated with battery acid to about 95% of what they can hold. This mat is then packed in between the plates and slightly compressed, then welded/soldered in place.

/ Battery Help #12  
Last spring, I needed a new battery for my 2007 John Deere 2210. Ended up at Sam's. A Durocell came with a three-year full replacement warranty, whereas all of the other batteries had a one-year full replacement and a two or three-year pro rated warranty. Prices were about the same for all, regardless of label.

/ Battery Help #13  
The battery on my 2008 4320 finally gave up the ghost. What recommendations for replacement do you all have?

Thanks
Dave
Check with Walmart

/ Battery Help #14  
The battery on my 2008 4320 finally gave up the ghost. What recommendations for replacement do you all have?

Thanks
Dave
1650906502619.png

/ Battery Help #15  
Replace with as many CA's/CCA's as will fit in the battery box. Brand name batteries with warranty bought from good retailers are the way to go. I have heard bad things about new Optima batteries so you might wanna stay away from them. Personally I just get a good quality HD lead acid battery. The last one lasted 6 winters before it started getting weak for very cold [-25/30c] starting

/ Battery Help #16  
I find Walmart to have the best prices on replacement batteries (made by Johnson Controls in the U.S.) online you can get agm batteries shipped from Chrome Battery. I don't know if the have your size

/ Battery Help #17  
I have had the best luck using the JD Strong Box batteries. I think they must be built for high vibration and bounce because any another brand just hasn't worked well.

/ Battery Help #18  
Wow, that is a good question. I think most are junk *compared* to a few years ago. Recently purchased "Die Hard" (2) for my tractor because that is what they had in stock. Normally, look for Interstate - ONLY because in the past I had good luck with them. Today, who knows ?
I am often perplexed to find a brand / model for anything. I have had OEM tires on a pickup go 80,000 and the next ones 20,000. Who really knows ?
Interesting to me was, the Die Hard batteries had a tag "made in Spain" on them ? So, they can manufacture these HEAVY units in Spain, transport to the US for less $ than "we" can make them here ? Wow... Guess I should not be surprised.
Unions and ridiculous Minimum Wages had put the USA out of the world market.

/ Battery Help #19  
I put a NAPA legend battery in my 2005, JD 4120 last winter. I had to add a 5/8” thick plywood spacer below, to get the height right, but it has been working ok.

I kept my old battery, which was about 5 years old and I purchased it from TSC. It had been cranking slow in the cold. Now that it has warmed up, I am going to put that one back in the tractor.

The NAPA legend has top and side posts. I am going to put it in my old Chevy Silverado pickup as the new “primary”. It has been cranking a little slow and still has the original, year 2000 battery, as the “camper special” auxiliary. I will trade that old year 2000 battery in on the next new one I get.

/ Battery Help
Well, I bought a JD Strongbox from my local dealer who is just down the road. They had one in stock for $155.13
Big Greenie is alive and kicking again.