Batwing with a single remote?

/ Batwing with a single remote? #11  
Simplest way is to just hook up the cylinders in parallel, just like loader cylinders are. You won't have independent control over the wings, if you need that (for whatever reason) you can use a splitter (more commonly called a "diverter") like mentioned above.

/ Batwing with a single remote? #12  
Do you have a specific batwing in mind? I've seen some where the hydraulic layout on the batwing itself was set up to run the whole thing off of a single remote

Oh, kind of what Ken was alluding to....

/ Batwing with a single remote? #13  
He mentioned hydraulic wheels also. I do not think that you will control wheel height and wings all at the same time and have an ideal situation??? :rolleyes:

/ Batwing with a single remote? #15  
My batwing FM is a single hydraulic input. It actually has all single input cylinders so I only have one hose to operate all 3 decks. I think the bush hog batwings have seperate inputs for each deck. Mine doesn't really matter because the decks must be down to run the PTO. I think some of the bush hogs you can have the decks partially up and still engaged.

/ Batwing with a single remote? #16  
Can the mower be set up to lift both the wings and the wheels on just the one remote? and then adjusted to lower to where I want it to be for mowing? I would need to do this when I go through my gates around my land. I

I've got a hydraulic mower (blades are hydraulically powered via pump on PTO and then the wings/cutting height are controlled by the tractors hydraulics)

I don't think I'd want it to all operate on one remote (though I wonder if you could do that such that it raises/lowers FIRST and after reaching the end of that situation, THEN the wings fold or unfold???)

For my use, I generally keep the cutting height the same. I DO raise it every now & then but I could manage things at the single height. The wings however, need to move. I might drive down our (dead end) road to cut another part of the farm OR to simply cut the shoulder of the road.

I could get by with static height but wings operational. I'd REALLY like to get the wings independent of each other so I could raise one wing when I come to an embankment. I can raise the wing to cut it. I don't much like having the wing raised but it will in fact raise to vertical AND still be operational if someone was silly enough to do that (first time I saw those blades moving, it deeply embedded the 'heebie jeebies' in me on having the wings raised)

/ Batwing with a single remote? #17  

Attachments

• IMG_3240.jpg
    IMG_3240.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 149

Attachments

• IMG_3244.jpg
    IMG_3244.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 339
You could also add a valve bank easily enough. The Power Beyond hose from your loader would go to a valve bank with a PB port. That PB hose would go to wherever your loader hose went. You would need to add a drain hose to tank from the new valve bank.

/ Batwing with a single remote? #18  
I'm just starting to look at getting a bigger tractor so I can pull a batwing mower. There is a Kubota for sale that might interest me with just one single rear remote. It's a 2004 M9000. From the pictures inside the cab, it looks like there really isn't another way to add a second remote. I have no idea if that's even possible, so I'm wondering if this tractor can pull a batwing mower?

Can the mower be set up to lift both the wings and the wheels on just the one remote? and then adjusted to lower to where I want it to be for mowing? I would need to do this when I go through my gates around my land. I would not be transporting it anywhere, or using it anywhere but my land. I just need something bigger to mow with, and I don't know if this is tractor is worth looking at or not?
Eddie, you can plumb a Batwing cutter to raise and fold both wings on one remote. You just plumb the wing cylinders into the height control cylinder. Once the cutter reaches max height the flow will divert to the wing cylinders and lift them.

/ Batwing with a single remote? #19  
Check out Tractor Time with Tim He has a video on Summit Remotes that added remotes. There are a lot of options out there. I would talk with a local Hydraulic shop and they can explain the extra valve kits you can Add. HQI in Des Moines Iowa is my go to.

/ Batwing with a single remote? #20  
I'm just starting to look at getting a bigger tractor so I can pull a batwing mower. There is a Kubota for sale that might interest me with just one single rear remote. It's a 2004 M9000. From the pictures inside the cab, it looks like there really isn't another way to add a second remote.
I think you have some good answers above. I've had a batwing for over 20 years. My advice, like others is that you want to be able to independently control the wings from the tractor seat. Unless it is a big money issue, I'd really suggest a 3rd control for height.

I see 2 options with the cab tractor. A 'power beyond' multi-valve inside the cab is impractical for your situation. (1) add Kubota built-in remotes. A tractor dealer or repair shop should be able to do this for you. (2) electric solenoids. I bought two Fassi valves years ago - one valve I have allows control of two circuits, the other valve I have (that I have yet to implement) allows one valve to select between three circuits. With one of these, your one remote feeds into the solenoid block and with a switch inside the cab, you decide which circuit your single remote is operating. Pricey, but much less than adding permanent remotes to the tractor. As a bonus, if instead of mounting the solenoid valve on the mower, you mount the solenoid valve on your tractor "permanently", you have multiples for other implements.