Beacon Light wiring

/ Beacon Light wiring #1  

ismilelots

Bronze Member
Tractor
LS 3135hc
My 3135HC has the wires in the top of the cab for mounting beacon lights. Does anyone know if the blinking comes from the light itself, or is there a flasher in the wiring somewhere? I would like to use that wire to plug in a sprayer pump to activate with the inside switch, but I think if it pulses it would wreck the pump (not to mention not being good for spraying)

/ Beacon Light wiring #2  
I think the pulsing comes from the light assembly itself. It's pretty easy to test. Clip a twelve volt light on there and see if it flashes or connect your voltmeter set to dc and see if it varies. You could even check the wiring diagram for that tractor.

/ Beacon Light wiring #3  
I think the pulsing comes from the light assembly itself. It's pretty easy to test. Clip a twelve volt light on there and see if it flashes or connect your voltmeter set to dc and see if it varies. You could even check the wiring diagram for that tractor.

Roadworthy is right it si easy to test with a voltmeter... I would believe it is constant voltage. You may also want to check the wire gauge, fuse size & circuit diagram, depending on how big the spray pump is & what it draws it may not be a good circuit to use anyways for that purpose. I have wired all the auxiliary power outlets on our tractor with dedicated relays, fuses & correctly sized wire... you just don't want to add a pump with out checking the circuit can handle it.

/ Beacon Light wiring #4  
Yes, it is constant power when switch is on. Just remember, the circuit only has a 10A fuse so verify your sprayer pump is less than that.

/ Beacon Light wiring
Thank you all! It's a small on-demand pump, but I'll need to see if I can find out what the draw is on start up.