Bear Trouble

/ Bear Trouble #42  
"Locals shoot up and leave waste behind... police say not a criminal matter and there you have it..."

I'd keep the cabin and dump the clinic.

/ Bear Trouble
I‘d dump the cabin. Who want to live somewhere you can’t shoot a bear that breaks into your cabin and you can’t turn your own propane tank.
Was not always that way… a permit was as simple as sending a sketch to the county with a 10 dollar fee.

Only inspection was assessor who visited to verify what was built resembled plans…

No single inspection for seasonal private cabin and county seat was down the mountain in Placerville.

Boy have things changed

/ Bear Trouble #44  
Sorry for the pain. I would follow up with F&G your officer might just be a leader in the save the bears group. A bear around a residence is bad news, too many chances to surprise them, or get tangled with a cub. You should be able to protect your property and safety, especially if animal control doesn't relocate the darn things.

Sadly, what happens in CA is often a prequil for the rest of the country.

Best,

ed

/ Bear Trouble #45  
My friend, Darcy Staver was killed by a small Black Bear in 1992 just right up the road from me. She was very athletic but was no match for that bear that actively stalked and killed her. Very sad.

Aggressive bears need to be dead or relocated.
Sorry for your friend, Not saying it was the case but something to note is woman's in their PMS have to be carful around wild life, they emit a sent that can be smell for miles ...

Last edited:
   / Bear Trouble #46  
Im having a hard time understanding the thinking it's ok for a bear to damage property because it's just nature...

My Tahoe city has 30 documented Black Bears roaming city streets and an entire Protect the Bears non-profit advocating on their behalf.

The conventional wisdom is this is the time of year Black Bears look for a comfortable place to winter... making an unoccupied home attractive.

Have a neighbor a few streets over issued a depreciation permit after one of his horses attacked by a mountain lion on its flank...

Maybe because a horse is livestock???
Sounds like "protect the bears" needs to be held responsible for any damage the bears they are protecting may cause.

Who's responsible if those bears attack, injure, or kill someone.

/ Bear Trouble #47  
Good advice
download.jpeg.jpg

/ Bear Trouble #49  
Man oh man….reading posts like this makes me grateful for ditching that state back in 1996.

/ Bear Trouble #50  
For all you guys who think you are not food to a bear , you need to start watching scary bear attacks on you tube, Lots of people have been eaten , Especially by black bears, My sister and her family live in washinton state and they are all trying to get out because of stupid laws just like california .