Best Attachment for Parking Lot Leveling

/ Best Attachment for Parking Lot Leveling #11  
I am only going to make a few comments, whatever you decide to get (landplane grading scraper IMO) don't even bother with anything less than 1000lbs. Weight is your friend when it comes to this type of work, heavier is better. (y)(y)

If your tractor has draft control, learn how to use it and the job will simply be that much easier.

/ Best Attachment for Parking Lot Leveling #12  
I agree completely with MtViewRanch. My driveway is crusher with lots of fines and it gets so hard the scarifiers won't touch it with my smaller 450lb box blade. The new landplane is closer to 1000lbs and it has enough weight to let the rippers start to get under the material. If it is really hardpack, think about rippers with no end that will fall off. I got to the point I was welding them on as I kept losing them in the process of ripping a half mile of driveway. Not trying to rep a brand here, but the EA shanks are drop and go. No parts to fail vs. my Landpride box blade and tool-less to adjust.

/ Best Attachment for Parking Lot Leveling #13  
Another option is a power rake. By far the most expensive option, but will loosen and carry the material.

Have you thought of compaction after you have re-graded? I'd want to compact with a small vibratory roller (dual drum) or at least with a pull behind roller. Your graded lot will last a bit longer if compacted.

/ Best Attachment for Parking Lot Leveling #14  
You may find you need 2 tools. 1 to reclaim it and another to maintain it. I have 3 tools for my road, Box Scraper or Gannon, Landplane, and landscape rake, Ultimately I think once you get the holes filled and the area smoothed the rake will do the monthly maintenance job of pulling gravel from the edges to center and filling potholes.

/ Best Attachment for Parking Lot Leveling #15  
Well, if money is not a priority... :)

I use a ABI TR-3 on my crushed stone driveway. (The lesser models may not have enough weight for the scarifiers to be effective for you.)

I use the TR-3 to re-work my previously neglected driveway (pot holes, ruts, un-level, poor crown...). It also makes for great mechanical weed control.

/ Best Attachment for Parking Lot Leveling #16  
If your neighbors have 2wd lawn mowers with turf tires, try this prank during "spring fever" season.
20200401_152545.jpg

They'll fill up their rollers and get stuck in the first wet spot they encounter 😁

/ Best Attachment for Parking Lot Leveling #17  
Well, if money is not a priority... :)

I use a ABI TR-3 on my crushed stone driveway. (The lesser models may not have enough weight for the scarifiers to be effective for you.)

I use the TR-3 to re-work my previously neglected driveway (pot holes, ruts, un-level, poor crown...). It also makes for great mechanical weed control.

/ Best Attachment for Parking Lot Leveling #18  
Another option is a power rake. By far the most expensive option, but will loosen and carry the material.

Have you thought of compaction after you have re-graded? I'd want to compact with a small vibratory roller (dual drum) or at least with a pull behind roller. Your graded lot will last a bit longer if compacted.
If you can stand the price, nothing does what a power rake will.

Best,

ed

/ Best Attachment for Parking Lot Leveling #19  
I'd need more details.

Do they tell you when to come and maintain it? Or are you free to visit the lot as often as you feel necessary?

Are you hired by the hour? Or are you "contracted" to maintain it regardless of how long it takes?

If I were at their mercy as when to come and paid by the hour I'd use a Boxblade.

If I were contracted to maintain it to a standard and the time spent was up to me, I'd go Landplane all the way. And I'd visit the lot frequently and only be there 30 minutes or so and eventually I'd have a lot to be proud of.

/ Best Attachment for Parking Lot Leveling
I finally made my decision. I was just going to just get a 6' landscape rake but the company that has me doing this job on a monthly schedule wants me to do another business they manage on a quarterly basis. So after researching quite a bit, I found a very good deal at Titan Attachments. That's where I bought my pallet forks and they usually have really good pricing on quality stuff.

Their 8' Land Leveler with the shanks is on a killer sale right now. Normally $3069 but it's on sale for $2302. Plus I had a code for 5% off anything. That's cheaper than their 6' leveler with shanks. I suspect the 8' is not as popular a choice as the smaller models. Anyway, I hope it arrives next week. I have an additional 31 yards of crusher run being delivered so hopefully by the end of next week, we'll be done.

Thanks for everyone's input.