Best Attachment for Parking Lot Leveling

/ Best Attachment for Parking Lot Leveling #31  
I've never worked on a parking lot - just my loooong driveway. However - I have learned this. There is a GREAT difference between making something smooth or making it level. I have no problems making my driveway smooth. I've given up trying to make it level.

I may have the necessary equipment to make it level. I just do not have the skills required. Besides, smooth is more than adequate for a driveway.

/ Best Attachment for Parking Lot Leveling #32  
I've never worked on a parking lot - just my loooong driveway. However - I have learned this. There is a GREAT difference between making something smooth or making it level. I have no problems making my driveway smooth. I've given up trying to make it level.

I may have the necessary equipment to make it level. I just do not have the skills required. Besides, smooth is more than adequate for a driveway.
Yep. No comparison between parking lot maintenance and driveway maintenance.

/ Best Attachment for Parking Lot Leveling #33  

As long as it sheds water, who cares? Level is often the enemy of good drainage.

Best,

ed

/ Best Attachment for Parking Lot Leveling #34  
I have a lawn maintenance account that has about an acre of land that tractor trailers use. Part is a long path and the rest is the loading dock area. It was probably started as crusher run many years ago but now it's a little bit of everything. It's extremely hard packed and develops pot holes terribly. They have asked me to help maintain it. I would drag and level it out monthly just to keep things a little easier and smoother for the trucks driving through.

Although money is always an object, it's not my number one priority. I want to get the option that makes the job easier for me. In other words, I don't mind spending extra if it gets me home earlier.

I can get a 6' landscape rake for a little over $600. I can get a 6' box blade for about $1600. I can also get a 6'-7' land grader for a little over $2000. I tried using my 6' scrape blade the other day and it struggled to break through the hard pack. I'm sure that will improve as I maintain this area but I think I need something to really break through that top shell of the ground.

Tractor is a DK5310SE Kioti so it should handle these fine. But I'm not 100% sure how I'd like to proceed. Any opinions? In all honesty, I think the landscape rake would do great used on a monthly basis but I admit, I've never used a land grader. I'm just not 100% sure that's the right thing for this job though.

Box grader. I don't impress easy these days. Box grader impressed me. My brother and I made one. You can grade, move dirt with it. We moved 165 cu yd with it one morning. Had two skid steers loading two dump trucks. Tractor pulling box grader. Get one that has adjustable angle for the blades. No comparison. That box grader is a keeper.

/ Best Attachment for Parking Lot Leveling #35  
I might just be tired but is a box grader something different from a box blade?

/ Best Attachment for Parking Lot Leveling #36  
I might just be tired but is a box grader something different from a box blade?
Very different.

A Box Blade is carried by the 3pt hitch.

A Box Grader is pulled by the tractor hitch. Has a long tongue. Two wheels behind the box with a hydraulic cylinder on the axle assembly to change height. Fancy models also can hydraulicly change the height of the wheels individually which "tilts" the box sideways.

/ Best Attachment for Parking Lot Leveling #37  
Oh i see. Ive seen those and i guess you could say i want one because ive been planning for months to convert my ‘other’ box blade (picked up by coincidence in a tractor deal, already had one) to be a pull type with power adjustable lift wheels. I guess i would have called it a ‘pull type box blade’ but box grader makes more sense. 😅

/ Best Attachment for Parking Lot Leveling #38  
Since it's getting pot holes you need the ripper teeth of a box blade. Anything else and your just filling in pot holes so they can reform. A land plane, rake or rear blade is not the correct tool to do the repairs needed for what you described.
I agree for fixing potholes. Not so much for leveling and grading after the potholes are fixed. I would pair a box blade with a land plane or heavy rear, wide blade. I don’t think there’s one implement that would do this job completely.

/ Best Attachment for Parking Lot Leveling #39  
I use my LPGS on the driveway if I need to fix potholes, wiffles or riffles. It has ripper teeth that will dig below the potholes, etc, etc. Teeth up and the LPGS brings everything back to smooth.

/ Best Attachment for Parking Lot Leveling #40  
I use my LPGS on the driveway if I need to fix potholes, wiffles or riffles. It has ripper teeth that will dig below the potholes, etc, etc. Teeth up and the LPGS brings everything back to smooth.
I do not have a LPGS. I have saw two different designs in regards to blade angle. One type have both blades angled the same direction. One type have the blades at opposite angles.

Which is yours? Thoughts about which would be best?