Best Battery

/ Best Battery #1  

bigdad

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B7510
Who makes the best vehicle battery now guys? Getting cold and the spin is a little slow.
Thanks. BD

/ Best Battery #2  
interstate-batteries.jpg

Last edited:
   / Best Battery #4  
For the past 5 years I have been using EverStart Maxx batteries and have had very good results with them. I have 1 in my truck, car, van, 2 in the diesel truck and many others in family and friends vehicles that ask me for car advice. The one in my truck has something like 1000 CCA (cold cranking amps) and 875 CA (cranking amps) and it is 4 years old now and still turns the starter just as fast in -10F as it does in 80F here in northern New England. They are not sealed batteries which I like, as long as you check the fluid every few months (I do it in Fall and Spring), they will last.

They are sold at Wal-mart exclusively which means returns and warranty exchanges are easy and the prices are unbeatable. I think I paid $70 per battery.

/ Best Battery #5  
I have an 8 year old Interstate that has been in my Oliver 77 and now an Oliver 1650. It has been completely dead twice from a bad regulator which was last year. it shows no signs of quitting yet. They are a little higher in price than the discount auto stores or farm stores.

I have had less luck with NAPA batteries. Had premature failure on my wifes car and my IH1466. They cost a little more also and I didn't gain any advantage over the less expensive batteries.

I have had good luck with the Excide batteries form Rural King. For the money I have had gotten a lot of life out of them. I am running them in my car, old beater pickup and 2 tractors.

/ Best Battery #6  
I've had good luck with AutoZone Duralast brand. I like change them every 5 years before they die anyway. I believe most of the major brands (DieHard, Optima, Duralast, Motorcraft) are all made by a Johnson Controls plant in Wisconsin.

/ Best Battery #7  
Ditto on Interstate.

The price the dealer is suggested includes enough profit to install the battery. If call your local Interstate dealers, and tell them your shopping for the best price, cash and carry. At least one will probably take the bait, and offer you a better price than the suggested retail.

There are 2 places I can get them in my area, and save about 15-20% that way.

A second tip is always put in the largest battery your vehicle can hold. Most vehicles come with a battery, from the factory, that is smaller than the battery box is capable of holding. A larger battery will be capable of withstanding accidentally parking the car with the lights on better, and will still be able to start you car as it ages and loses some of its capacity.

/ Best Battery #8  
I am fairly new to these boards but just wanted to say that I have had great luck with a Optima Yellow top in my truck that I plow with. If you do not have many accessories you can use the Optima Red top. I seen a huge difference between the deep cycle that was in the truck and the new Yellow top.

/ Best Battery #9  
I've had no luck with Interstate batteries on my tractors. I've had them last only a few months, and then got a replacement with the warranty. Consumers Report rated batteries recently, and the ones from Walmart and Advanced Auto came out on top, while Interstate wasn't rated that well anymore. I have Advanced Auto batteries in all of my trucks and I'm very happy with them. And they're reasonably priced, as well.