Best chainsaw storage case

/ Best chainsaw storage case #1  

Jdan1930

Tractor
Ford
I致e got a Stihl chainsaw and I hate their carry cases. They are rounded and you can稚 stack anything on them, no room for tools or oil, gloves.
What do you Guys use or recommend. I just want some extra room for gloves, a little bar oil, extra chain ...
Thanks

/ Best chainsaw storage case #2  
yeah the cases suck but I love my stihl's.. one watch out is unless yours is different than my 5 Stihl saws I would be careful what you put in the case with the saw unless you drain the bar oil.. I don't have a single saw that doesn't leak bar oil.. I don't even keep them in the cases anymore they sit on a shop rag with cardboard under that both of which gets rotated out as they get to soaked to want to deal with..

/ Best chainsaw storage case #3  
I use a rubber maid tote bin. It's big enough I could probably put 2 or 3 saws in it, but usually has a 1 saw and a milk crate in it that hold wedges, hammer, files, scrench, extra bar chains, and still leaves room for bar oil, small gas can, chaps, face shield, small log chain, etc.. I can almost fit my log peevey in it if I leave the handle sticking out.

Sure it's a lot bigger than a chain saw case, but it's 1 stop grab and go. Though it can get heavy.

If I'm working in the woods for a few days I'll just leave it there, minus the chainsaw that are known to grow legs if left too long.

It's amazing how much other crap needs to go when somebody asks: "Hey can you bring you chainsaw over, I got a couple limbs/ small tress that need sawing up"

/ Best chainsaw storage case #4  
My Stihl saw goes in the Stihl case. It has room for the wrench, file, spare chain, and some wedges. I mostly carry stuff in the tractor bucket or the UTV bed. If it was bigger it would be in the way, I think.

/ Best chainsaw storage case #5  
+1 on the bar oil leaking out over time. I have a stihl case and it contains the oil. I line mine with newspaper and replace as needed. My case split at the hinges years ago and I replaced them with store bought hinges. It doesn't look so good but it works. I would buy a plastic box that will hold your saw and the oil, cut out a section for the bar, and put this in a bigger heavy duty hard plastic case you can stack stuff on and will hold your accessories.

/ Best chainsaw storage case #6  
I've got this:
attachment.php

Stores a 32" bar, Alaskan Mark III CSM and sundries in the top, the 088 powerhead in the bottom.
The cases cost $450 and he threw in the Stihl 088, Alaskan Mark III, bar chain and sundries for free. :)

Attachments

• 088_just-bought.JPG
    088_just-bought.JPG
    269.1 KB · Views: 2,849
   / Best chainsaw storage case #7  
Cases cost $450!!! :eek: There's no #%&-ing way I'd ever spend ....ooohhhh!....I see what you did there! :D:laughing:
You got me.

/ Best chainsaw storage case #8  
I'm older now and don't run my saws as much but years ago when I did I really never cared for a case. Just put on a bar sleeve and kept the wrenches and files etc in a small tool box. I never felt those cases were easier to carry than the saw. Just my opinion.

/ Best chainsaw storage case #9  
Same as Turbys, Put on the sleeve and put the accessories in a 5 gal bucket..........Mike

/ Best chainsaw storage case #10  
Ill buck the trend....

i have my wood boss in the Husqvarna case. its a box with a slot for the bar cover to stick out. holds a pair of gloves, oil, extra chain, has a holder for files and wrench. easy to carry around and if the bar is off the saw, you just have a nice box that fits everything.