Best chainsaw storage case

/ Best chainsaw storage case #21  
I really like my Husky box. Protects the saw, fits behind the seat in an extended cab truck, but also keeps saw dry if in the bed. Has room for files, tools, gloves, and a couple of small fuel bottles.

/ Best chainsaw storage case #22  
I got my FIL the Huskavarna case for his Stihl. for all the reasons you mentioned the Stihl case is all rounded and does not pack well, but the huskavarna case is a square box with the chain saw bar sticking out. its a bit big but it does hold everything you will need.

For myself I built a plywood box 36" long and just big enough for my Stihl 024, it has a small area to hold some oil, gas, files and spare bits. The concept was I could ask some one to "go pick up my saw" and they would return with everything I would need to deal with a down tree. Well that concept worked great until I fell a tree right onto the box.

Now I have the 024 and a 032, and I find the best way to work is to take both saws, the smaller one to limb and the big one to buck.
My plan is to pack a milk crate with spares and tools and just keep the saws loose.

/ Best chainsaw storage case #23  
I'll throw mine in - standard square box (bought black because it was cheapest and all of these are the same immaterial of their color). With some flashing, spare parts box and some rivets, set it up so I was good for a day in the woods. I'm not a heavy timber or woodlot guy, I do have 10 acres in WNC, but not enough time available yet to really get after what I want to do up their. In addition to the Echo, I have a 20+ year old Poulan I bought new at Lowes, it has the standard rounded/humped case that it came with and still works really well for limbing and small saw work.

BTW - both saws leak bar oil, as does my Echo pole saw.

Ray

IMG_5168.jpgIMG_5170.jpgIMG_5188.jpg

/ Best chainsaw storage case #24  
I've noticed that when I lay my Husqvarna chainsaws on their side, they do not leak bar oil. Or very, very little. If this is standard, why are cases not made to lay them on their side in storage? Does anyone make a case with saws meant to be laid on their sides? I have two Husqvarna 445's with 18" bar.

/ Best chainsaw storage case #25  
I keep mine in a plastic Stihl chainsaw case, I think I had to pay extra for it. I store it in there but usually leave it in the garage and just use the chain scabbard to transport it on my property.