Best commercial zero turn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Best commercial zero turn? #241  
The market for ZTR’s (new and used) around here is crazy.

I bought a Hustler Super Z diesel 5 years ago. It had 700+ hours when I sold it in June 2021. I got $1200 more than I paid.

I didn’t even list it other than putting up a card at the Hustler dealer where I originally bought the unit.

It sold 4 days later.

The good thing is I didn’t need that mower anymore. It was extra. If it needed to be replaced I’d of had to spend that extra profit plus some more so it wouldn’t have been as lucrative.

MoKelly

/ Best commercial zero turn? #242  
Yeah but it uses no fuel, so its free to run it all you want
The Gravely EV Runs up to 5 hours on 4 batteries, so commercial guys may require extra battery packs.
Over $15,000 dollars more than my 35 hp, 72" upper end commercial gas powered zero turn mower.
Takes me 4 1/2 gal of gas to mow my 8 acre lawn. (At $3.50/gallon and 25 mows per year= around $393 per year gas)
It would me take around 38 years to break even

Last edited:
   / Best commercial zero turn? #243  
Yeah but it uses no fuel, so its free to run it all you want

It’s actually not free. Electric cost money. The batteries cost money too. My diesel ZT burns less than $2 per hour in fuel. So assuming the electric actually was free you’d break even in only 7500 hours.

/ Best commercial zero turn? #244  
It’s actually not free. Electric cost money. The batteries cost money too. My diesel ZT burns less than $2 per hour in fuel. So assuming the electric actually was free you’d break even in only 7500 hours.
Sheesh...Its called sarcasm

/ Best commercial zero turn? #246  
Some would want the EZTR for zero emissions (at the point of use) and lower noise. However, think the noise level is not THAT much lower on the Ryobi eZTR I have.

/ Best commercial zero turn? #247  
The Gravely EV Runs up to 5 hours on 4 batteries, so commercial guys may require extra battery packs.
Over $15,000 dollars more than my 35 hp, 72" upper end commercial gas powered zero turn mower.
Takes me 4 1/2 gal of gas to mow my 8 acre lawn. (At $3.50/gallon and 25 mows per year= around $393 per year gas)

Lol, there you go using math and common sense.
Same reason I never bought a hybrid car.

/ Best commercial zero turn? #248  
Don’t forget all the oil changes, filters, fuel additives, belts, valve adjustments, spark plugs, etc. Or the gas cans and all the time spent keeping them filled up. And what do you think a gallon of gas will cost next year, or in 10 years? They’re paying almost $4.50 a gallon in Cali now, easy to see it doubling or more by then. Then there’s the time spent doing all that maintenance, and even if you do it yourself and don’t value your time, that’s time you could have spent doing something else. Then there’s all the added downtime too, and downtime is a killer. No doubt a $28,000 electric won’t save you money today but at scale and with proper forecasting it’s easy to see it’s way closer than most think. If I was a commercial mower, and some days it feels like I am, I’d be doing the math and giving it serious thought.

/ Best commercial zero turn? #249  
Sheesh...Its called sarcasm
The crappy city of Austin, has ozone days. No commercial lawn equipment allowed to run unless propane or electric. How's that for hypocrisy? Also, since they were dumb enough to defund the cops, maybe only a lowly paid ozone nazi person would write you a ticket. A grade below a parking ticket writer.

/ Best commercial zero turn? #250  
Don’t forget all the oil changes, filters, fuel additives, belts, valve adjustments, spark plugs, etc. Or the gas cans and all the time spent keeping them filled up. And what do you think a gallon of gas will cost next year, or in 10 years? They’re paying almost $4.50 a gallon in Cali now, easy to see it doubling or more by then. Then there’s the time spent doing all that maintenance, and even if you do it yourself and don’t value your time, that’s time you could have spent doing something else. Then there’s all the added downtime too, and downtime is a killer. No doubt a $28,000 electric won’t save you money today but at scale and with proper forecasting it’s easy to see it’s way closer than most think. If I was a commercial mower, and some days it feels like I am, I’d be doing the math and giving it serious thought.
At this rate, probably $10/ gallon.
Completely intentional, cruel and unnecessary.
Once again, the poor and the working class get the shaft.

Spark plugs? How long does that take? 3 minutes an $5 dollars?
Ive never adjusted a valve in my life and I run 8 different motorized pieces of equipment

Come on, let’s not glaze over the fact that electric equipment WILL require maintenance and repairs. It’s not like zerk fitting will disappear. You think motors last forever and won’t break past the warranty? You think battery packs won’t fail after years of pounding on un-even lawns? There’s still bearings and belts on the decks.
It’s not a panacea.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.