Best commercial zero turn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Best commercial zero turn? #221  
Are you feeling the satisfaction?

Absolutely! I was walking around the yard today and was very impressed with the cut quality.

I was a little surprised at the first oil change being at 5 hrs., but no big deal.

Thanks for your help.

/ Best commercial zero turn? #222  
5 hrs comes pretty quick. Will use synthetic in mine. Maybe start a new thread and keep this going for others interested in the model. We all like spending other people's money.

/ Best commercial zero turn? #223  
5 hrs comes pretty quick. Will use synthetic in mine. Maybe start a new thread and keep this going for others interested in the model. We all like spending other people's money.

Nah, keep this one active. I hope you guys enjoy your new mowers.

/ Best commercial zero turn? #226  

Have you changed your oil yet? I did today, and getting that tube off it's "plug" was a bit of a challenge. I had seen a YouTube video that showed a guy that broke it off while trying to get it pulled off, and the dealer cautioned me about that as well.
I'm guessing that it should come off easier the next time.

/ Best commercial zero turn? #227  
Hopefully tomorrow. I have a pair of hose barb pliers from my mechanic days. Might have to use them. Thanks for the heads up. Was out for a wedding on the weekend, touring around a town, came upon a couple of this style mower. A Titan HD and a Timecutter. They use them commercially, doing 34 yards and some work for the town. So far around 250 trouble free hrs. Guy had My Ride one one, wished it was on both.

/ Best commercial zero turn? #228  
Hopefully tomorrow. I have a pair of hose barb pliers from my mechanic days. Might have to use them. Thanks for the heads up. Was out for a wedding on the weekend, touring around a town, came upon a couple of this style mower. A Titan HD and a Timecutter. They use them commercially, doing 34 yards and some work for the town. So far around 250 trouble free hrs. Guy had My Ride one one, wished it was on both.

There's no clamp on the hose. What worked for me was CAREFULLY inserting a screwdriver up under the cover at the top of the tube and CAREFULLY working it down.
If you come up with a better way, let me know although I think it will be easier the next time. I also added a bit of Vaseline to the fitting, before I put the hose back on.

/ Best commercial zero turn? #230  
I really don't need a new mower at all (will be 80 in 4 months), but just today bought myself a new 48" Scag Liberty Z.
The Liberty Z is not really sold as a commercial mower, but is a very upscale consumer mower (almost commercial grade?) made by Scag.
5 year/750 hour warranty.

My mowing season is only about 5 months, so for my 3+ acres mowed, I will use it less than 50 hours per year (grass dries out here in Summer)
I am not up there with you big boys, and actually would have preferred a 42" Scag if they made one.

$4,500 cash, OTD, for the 48" Scag liberty Z with 21HP Kawasaki.
Won't pick it up until next month.
Hope I did OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.