Dirt Moving Best size box blade for NX?

/ Best size box blade for NX? #31  
There are other solutions for anybody facing the non-QA compatible problem. Pat's easy coupler (I use this one) and that fancy Euro ball hitch system.

/ Best size box blade for NX? #32  
Piston, just curious, why did you hate the roll over? Not heavy enough, didn't like having to pull the lever for the scarifiers, or????

Again, just curious. No Big Deal

/ Best size box blade for NX? #33  
Piston, just curious, why did you hate the roll over? Not heavy enough, didn't like having to pull the lever for the scarifiers, or????

Again, just curious. No Big Deal
Hey Brian,
After using the Landpride, I realized that I really do rely on the rear cutting edge to act as a sort of "gauge wheel" when I'm fine grading. Using this method, it enables me to avoid all the ups and downs as the tractor goes over bumps and dips, and keeps the box blade floating along nicely. I found I couldn't do that with the rollover, it was just one cutting edge and I'd have to feather the 3 point up and down to offset the pitching motion of the tractor, and avoid it from either digging in too deep/hard, or coming up off the ground.

It functioned well enough, and I didn't like it for nitpicky reasons (again, first world problems here). It's not that it wasn't "heavy enough", but it wasn't as heavy as the Landpride HRL3578 that I was used to. So, weight was one reason but again, it was functional. I should mention that it was still 10 times better than a lightweight (although often advertised as heavy duty) box blade from various manufacturers.

I also couldn't reach the lever from my seat very well, so I'd have to kneel on my seat to function the lever, then move the tractor back or forth to get it to lock in where I wanted it to, verse the convenience of the hydraulic rippers on the Landpride.

Lastly, to go from pulling to pushing, I had to reconfigure it, verse not having to reconfigure the standard style box blade to use either the front or rear cutting edge.

Really, just personal preference I suppose. It did work well enough in all practicality.

Attachments

• CE44C125-0D7B-4C4B-9A8E-9B0813E4C965.jpeg
    CE44C125-0D7B-4C4B-9A8E-9B0813E4C965.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 48
  • 38A00026-9A1F-48B4-A00E-DBE4EA8EE5C0.jpeg
    38A00026-9A1F-48B4-A00E-DBE4EA8EE5C0.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 47
   / Best size box blade for NX? #34  
Thank you for your response. Answers some questions.

I believe that my Gannon roll over is a bit light at 980lbs, but at 81" in width, 22" tall moldboard it was the largest one that they built back in 2005 and works fine for my use. Also I believe the last unit of that size that they built, might be the last unit that they built. Woods already owned them, but finally took Gannon over and moved the factory out of California shortly after my purchase. The roll over units were then discontinued altogether.

Something for people to keep in mind, the ROBB was designed for use when there were no rear remotes for hydraulic actuated scarifiers or hydraulic top & tilt units. With hydraulics, the ROBB basically became out dated back in the 1980s. Previously, it's pretty much what every commercial skip loader had.

Anyway, thanks again for the answers. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0304.JPG
    IMG_0304.JPG
    274.2 KB · Views: 38