Grading Best way to regrade hill to reduce slope?

/ Best way to regrade hill to reduce slope? #31  
Also keep in mind that the construction track hoes and back hoes operate differently than the ag type back hoes. Typically, the construction type can have multiple motions happen at the same time. The ag type typically have just one motion at a time. It is because of the type of hydraulic valves that are used, the construction type are a lot more expensive to make.

Maybe for a Harbor freight towable backhoe. I’ve never seen a tractor mounted backhoe that wouldn’t multi function. Trackhoes and backhoes have different control patterns. Most of the mini excavators have switchable patterns to do both.

/ Best way to regrade hill to reduce slope? #32  
Hire this guy,, a couple thousand dollars later,, it is exactly right,,,

LRhTaK8.jpg

Even his truck sticker is accurate!!

I5EK2Aq.jpg

An excavator is the answer,:thumbsup:

/ Best way to regrade hill to reduce slope? #33  
Seems like a lot of equipment has been mentioned but it seems one of best has been missed.
CAT 16 grader with rippers and dozer blade:

[video]https://images.app.goo.gl/2E5WdCSdj4vjxuVa7[/video]

/ Best way to regrade hill to reduce slope? #34  
You can do it yourself with a box blade using the scarifiers to loosen the soil and the FEL to pick it up on the next pass. It does take a lot of finesse to control the box blade and use the FEL at the same time, but you can move quite a bit of soil at one time that way if yoursite prep.jpgIMG_0836.JPG tractor has the power and traction to load the FEL while deeply scarifying the soil AND dragging a load of dirt at the same time.
Dont forget that you need to compact the relocated soil as you dig out the top.
I used the above method to dig out a hill and level the are where my shop is located. I had to move about 3 feet off the top and put it toward the bottom of the hill. I just eyeballed the level but when the builder took out his transit to check it, it was within 2" of level all around for the slab which was good for him to work.

I did hire a dozer to level off the area for the house (see photo of house area and shop) which was about 300 feet in length in total plus about 100 feet wide.

/ Best way to regrade hill to reduce slope? #35  
I, also, don't think a grade like you indicate is the place to learn. Bad things can/do happen on slopes like that and they happen fast.
This. Stuff that you aren't even aware of can overcome your balance quickly.

Be very careful.